Author Topic: Ballistics and temperature  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Ballistics and temperature
« on: December 08, 2002, 11:42:12 AM »
Nope the temperature change sure didn't do that!

Can't say for sure what did but I'd be more likely to suspect either a major change in the moisture content of the stock applying different pressure to the barrel by the fore end or in spite of thinking you haven't bumped it that it took a lick of some kind.

Other possibilities are something loose in the sighting system.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
not temp
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 01:38:44 PM »
from what you say in your post that you put it in your case might be the problem if it wasnt cleaned and oiled real good you could have had a rust build-up in the barrel.  Gun cases are the worst places to store your rifle it has cost several men their gun because of it.  :D   JIM

Offline Dogshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
Ballistics and temperature
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 03:17:02 PM »
I went to Texas and checked the sights on my deer rifle in 90 degree heat before going to my stand and it was right on. I am back in Wyoming insub freezing temps and it is STILL right on. I have several different guns I have carried all over the world and as long as they don't get mishandled, they are on. Temp does not affect them that much. Moisture can if you have a wooden stock.
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.