Author Topic: Best Binoc for $$$  (Read 883 times)

Offline 59f100292

• Trade Count: (0)
Best Binoc for $$$
« on: June 20, 2009, 08:45:56 AM »
Im lookin gor a good set of binocs for a first pair.  Im broke - whats the best deal for the $100 range?

Offline SteveC99

Re: Best Binoc for $$$
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:42:03 PM »
At that price the ONLY option is a Leupold Yosemite.  Darned good glass for a c-note.
Steve

"Do what you can where you are with what you have":  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline BR549

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 04:08:38 AM »
Try the Bushnell Legend 8X42 poro prism model.  This older styie is not too big and can be had for around $100.  Very clear, bright, sturdy, waterproof and all the other good stuff.  It is about 1/3 the cost of the roof prism model.

Offline gr8fuldoug

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • Camera Land
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 11:06:12 PM »
If you can push the budget just a bit I suggest you look at the Minox 10x42 which we are running on special for only $139.99, http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/minox.pl?page=62173 These will optically be equal to a Nikon Monarch ATB which would be about $300.00
Our pleasure to answer any questions related to Sport Optics, Cameras and Tripods.
Please feel free to reach out to us.
Doug
Camera Land
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Offline cbshunter

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 07:02:26 AM »
zen-ray has a VISTA for $99 on clearance. I have their top of the line ZEN ED and enjoy it every time I used it.

http://www.zen-ray.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=237

Offline db22

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 03:46:34 AM »
Agree with SteveC99: the Leupold Yosemite Green Ring is a pretty good glass for a hundred bucks.  Got the 6x30 from Midsouth -- long eye relief, easy and repeatable focus, very light weight.  An ideal small Porro binocular for woods hunting, closer birding, or just to have handy in the car or on the back porch.
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." -- Samuel Adams

Offline Catfish

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 10:34:21 AM »
Go some where that they sell bino`s and look through all they have. Do it in as low lite as possible. The first time I went to Alaska I when into a store and told the clerck to get out every pair of bino`s she had. She looked at me like I was a fool, but I yold her I was going to buy a pair and I want what looked best to me. Suprisingly the pair I bought were no where near the most expencive.