Author Topic: Misc. Hardware and Accessories...  (Read 341 times)

Offline NitroSteel

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Misc. Hardware and Accessories...
« on: July 07, 2009, 04:37:59 PM »
My hands are finally getting feeling back into them and I'm almost ready to do more work on the Parrot Field Rifle.  I've accumulated several pictures and it appears that all of the cannons were built exactly alike back in the day.  They all had rings, hooks and chains in the same places.

I have a general idea of where these pieces all go, and generally what they are to look like.  On the other hand, I'm having a hard time grasping the purpose of each of these things (though I'm sure they were all there for a reason, since they were on ALL of the carriages).  With a bit of understanding of the purpose, it makes it alot easier to proceed with the labor intensive ordeal of making all of them and then painting and attaching them.

The drawings that I have don't go into hardly any detail and the hardware pieces are on the pages very, very small.  My plans (though GREAT) don't give dimensions for the sponge, rammer, worm - - at all.

Does anyone have larger drawings or deliberate photos of these rings, hooks, chains, etc? 

I hate to get this far and not get everything done right. 

Thank you again.

NitroSteel

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Misc. Hardware and Accessories...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »
If you aren't using the plans from Antique Ordnance Publishers (the site is down right now due to renewal difficulties), you don't have all the data that can be had.  Since the page is down for the moment, get the No. 12 folio which includes two versions of the carriage and two versions of the Parrott rifle.  Give them a call at (810) 987-7749.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill