Author Topic: Houston holsters  (Read 710 times)

Offline GH1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Houston holsters
« on: July 25, 2009, 05:39:05 AM »
Has anybody heard of these or have any experience with them?
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline oldfart

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Houston holsters
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 01:11:04 PM »
i bought one last year but got rid of it soon thereafter, a friend of mine got a fobus at the same time it was twice the holster houston is. i went and got me a fobus and thats what i use now, the houston is made in argentina and the quality in my opinion just ain't there. if your gonna carry alot, the houston i don't think will hold up, mine was a paddle and the paddle worked loose where it contacted the holster. it never came off but the rivets got loose, the fobus i bought i've had now about 10 months its still tight and going good. and fobus is just as cheap as houston, the houston cost me 18.95 and the fobus was 21.95 a 2.00 well spent to get a good holster.

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 02:47:03 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up,  I guess I'll be going with the Fobus.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:22:52 AM »
OR, none, which is better in my opinion.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:48:22 PM »
If you don't use a holster I assume you use a pocket carry?  Do you have a small gun or large pockets? Do you have any difficulty drawing from your pocket?  I tried it with my wife's Bersa & it would usually snag on something.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 05:54:39 AM »
I am with William, I have tried several different type of holsters over the years and never found one I liked for concealed carry.  I usually wear jeans and carry a J frame revolver or small auto in the right pocket.  Sometimes I step up to a larger pistol and carry it in the belt with the help of a belt clip.  To me a holster is just something to get in the way............Down side to this, I have worn a hole or two in the pocket of the jeans so my wife now does a re-enforcement job before wearing.

I do use a holster when in the field hunting........but thats a different story. ::) ::)

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 08:19:35 AM »
A gillion years ago I had no holster/scabbard so I would stuff the ol government in my waiste band---near the back of the strong side & cant it forward.
I carry my PPK the same way or in my pocket.
Over the years I felt I was some sort of heathen and searched for a scabbard---cause it just had to be better--according too others.
I have found that this is just not too my liking. It does not conceal as well--even with an inside the waiste band scabbard--as it does without one. It is easier for me to retract---not to re-holster--but to retract.
I can carry a government under a Tee shirt, if it is not tight, and not print.
Just me and my anal way of doing things.
Now I still felt like a left handed guy in a right handed world and thought maybe I was wierd.
Then one day, doing a study on the Texas Rangers, I ran across Charlie Miller. He was somewhat of a legend, being of the old school Border rangers. He carried sans scabbard.
There went my feelings of self-consciousness.
Scabbard? We don't need no steekin scabbards! ;)
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD