Author Topic: bushmaster is great  (Read 796 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
bushmaster is great
« on: December 16, 2009, 02:44:32 AM »
I bought a new flatop 762x39 and before it arrived i bought 6 cproducts magazines. first couple trips to the range were frustration. the bullets tended to nose dive into the ramp and the springs in the mags didnt seem to be strong enough to push the rounds up when they were fully loaded. I tried tweaking the mags and cutting and polishing the feed ramp but just couldnt get it to feed reliably. I called bushmaster and they said to send it in with all my mags. I sent it with the 6 cproducts mags and the one bushy mag that came with it (it didnt work either) Only one c produts mag seemed to feed reliable and i marked it as such. A week later i got the gun back and they recut and repolished the feed ramp even more and test fired the gun with 7 new mags and replaced all of the cproducts mags with theres. They obviously use cproduts mags themselves and just mark them differnt as there identical. Ive heard that the first batch of cproducts mags for these guns were weak in the spring and they updated them down the line and my guess is i got some of the old ones. either way i though that bushy replacing them even though they werent theres was above and beyond what was expected and i think they need a little pat on the back!
blue lives matter

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: bushmaster is great
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 03:26:03 AM »
I've had a bushy in 223 for years, and wouldn't part with it. I had an issue with one where the barrel wasn't lined up several years ago. They told me how to do, and said if I had any more problems they would make it right, or do the barrel for me. It wasn't necessary, and it was 10 minute fix.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 04:25:15 AM »
I've got 2....love'm!
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 04:41:52 AM »
Glad to hear they took care of it for you.  I've always liked Bushmaster, even though I don't own one.  I'm not sure about the 7.62, but I do know that M4 feed ramps make a huge difference in the .223/5.56 AR's.  I do know that many of the M4 style Bushmasters (not sure about the longer barrel rifles) don't come with the proper feedramps, but some do.  Sounds like that was the problem.  I run C Products and Colt mags and both feed reliably, but again it's a 5.56.  

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 04:49:25 AM »
Good to hear of companies doing the right thing.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 04:53:17 AM »
I love mine, totally reliable and accurate, in 6.8 SPC.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 07:33:21 AM »
It's hard to complain when the rifle (Model XM15-E2S) aka M4 comes with a chrome lined barrel and chamber that are match grade from the factory.
I did a trigger job on mine and scoped it. Great rifle.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 08:23:11 AM »
I think Bushmaster too often gets a bad rap.

Offline SD Handgunner

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 06:29:47 PM »
I have had my Bushmaster 16" M4 ORC (Optics Ready Carbine) for a little over a year and a half now. I have replaced the M4 Plastic Handguards with an Aluminum Free Float Tube (I also cut off the Bayonet Lug and Sling Loop while I had the gas block off putting the Free Float Tube on) and I have installed a JP Enterprises Adjustable Trigger, Speed Hammer and Springs.

I don't know how many rounds I have fired through this Bushmaster but it is just like the energizer bunny it just keeps going and going and going without so much as a hicup.

Larry
T/C Handguns, one good shot for your moment of truth !

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 01:13:31 PM »

These are my 5 Bushmasters. All run like tops! Try Mag-Pul P-Mags, they really feed well.

Here are a couple of P-Mags in my 2 new Colt LE Carbines. A 6920, and a 6940.  Bill T.