Author Topic: Sig P6  (Read 475 times)

Offline WD45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Sig P6
« on: September 19, 2009, 08:33:02 AM »
Any of you all carry one of these ? They can be picked up for a good price and are fairly compact. I've got my eye on one at the local pawn shop that has little wear on it for a service weapon.

Offline jhm

Re: Sig P6
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 09:52:38 AM »
I have a customer who also does gunsmithing and he has one and that is his ccw handgun, speeks highly of it.   Jim

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »
When the wife allows me I'll carry the P225 (same as P6) otherwise it's a P239. She loves that 225. I got it for myself after shooting it she pretty much confiscated it. She did tell me recently that she would let it go for a XD 9 sc. I have a Milt Sparks VMII for it and it carries nicely in that. I would advise you get a good GUN belt and quality holster. I started with a average holster and old work belt and was never comfortable with a gun on my hip, always dragging my pants down. The Beltman solved that straight away with a double bullhide belt, nothing fancy just the base model.

Back to the P6. It is not unheard of for early models having trouble feeding hollow point ammo, they were designed to use ball ammo. The later ones were delivered with a redesigned feed ramp that pretty much solved any feeding troubles. I believe pre '89 are the ones to watch. Look on barrel shroud 180 degrees from the front sight for a two letter code. KA would be the first with the redesigned ramp. Next is the heavy but smooth DA trigger pull It is designed in and can be reduced by using a lower # wolfe spring say 18 or 19# but check for light primer strikes. It comes with a 22# I believe.

A=0
B=1
C=2
D=3
E=4
F=5
G-6
H=7
J=8
K=9
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline WD45

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:11:42 AM »
Pretty much what I have heard from other sources. The only negetive I have heard is the feeding prob on the earlier models also. Thanks for the info on what years to look for. I'll have to check the one in the pawn shop