Author Topic: Build me the PERFECT Colt 51 Navy replica please.  (Read 880 times)

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
Build me the PERFECT Colt 51 Navy replica please.
« on: June 26, 2009, 03:37:09 PM »
Dear Guys,

I collect original Colt 51 Navies.  I would like to get a replica to shoot.

However, I CAN'T STAND cheap crp that doesn't work, or that jams, or is inconsistent, or is problematical.

So, please, from the ground up, will someone please list for me, the highest quality, least problematical, most reliable, Colt Navy replica, including make, model, replacement springs, substituted nipples, brand of caps, brand of powder, balls, the whole 9 yards, including where to buy each component?  Forget about cost. I will pay it.

Pretend that you are "Tuco" in the gunshop!  :-)

Thanks,

Mannyrock 

Offline filmokentucky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Build me the PERFECT Colt 51 Navy replica please.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 08:01:23 PM »
  Why don't you just buy a good used Second Generation Colt Navy? Made in America the  "C" series in particular is absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure of the price, but it will be substantially higher than the imports. Say $750.00 or more if the box is with it and more still if unfired. They came from Colt already slicked up and ready to go, smooth and crisp actions and nice tight lockup. Colt SAA type bluing and bone charcoal case hardening. Silver plated backstrap and trigger guard. I have three and wouldn't sell one for twice what people are selling them for now.

I would definitely avoid the Third Gen or Signature Series guns. Colt really had nothing to do with them and it shows.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
T.M.A. Member
N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Offline fistmil

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 12:04:13 PM »
I have the London model Uberti. The black iron back strap and trigger guard lead to it being called the Black Navy. It's a beautiful gun and shoots as good as it looks.

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »
Where could I find a "used Second Generation Colt Navy"?

Offline Flint

Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life