Author Topic: ???????'S  (Read 896 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
???????'S
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:01:50 PM »
We chase around all these fun topics, and they are fun and I benifit.
How many have actually sat down with yourownself and said too yourownself, "Self I ask, are you serious or are you just being macho?"
It is good too ask these questions---It is BETTER to be honest with yourownself concerning the answers.
It is not macho too shoot someone. It does not leave a heroic feeling.
Most probably it leaves questions and doubts---some have even wished they had not done it, and I think all have had too face this delimma.
It is good to be honest because if you are not sure you can do what is needed you may put yourownself and those that you love in more danger than if you don't own a weapon.
It is easy to say sure I can do it----HOWEVER; Are you certain. You need too be.
It is a question you need to be more serious about than anything you have ever considered.
It is OK to admit that you can't or might not be able too do it than too put yourownself and your loved one in the position wherein you might not.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Empty Quiver

Re: ???????'S
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »
I would be absolutely scared to death over the idea of going to prison I will not lie about that. There had better be an almost certain chance of my family or myself dying. Being a good samaritan is not likely to happen because of my first statement. The victim would have been well advised to arm themselves as I have done. That sounds pretty cold, but as I sit here it is how I feel. I haven't lost a darn thing in jail and can't think of any reason I want to go there.

I have a lot more respect for deer and squirrels than I do for a thug criminal. I've killed many a fine whitetail and butchered and eaten them, I don't think I would lose much sleep over a thug dying at my hand. That also sounds pretty cold but until proven otherwise that is how I feel about the subject. I may well cry and sht myself if it occured, and I really don't think I'll ever find out, sure as heck don't want to find out.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline rawhidekid

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »
When I worked at a gun shop, people would come in to buy a gun for selfdefence,  the problem would start when they would comment that they would never shoot someone.  I would tell them not to buy a gun then as they would just be giving a crook a gun to use on them.  Better they bought a big dog or an electronic security system.  Personely, if I was in fear of my life or the life of someone else was at risk, the crook has chosen to end his life not me!  The problem with this country is that we have given more rights to the crimenals than the victoms. 8)
NRA Life Member, Retired Air Force, Grandfather:   RIA 38 Super, , Vaquaro .357, Golden Boy 39A .22,  54cal GPR, 54 cal Lyman plains pistol, 45 cal Kentucky Rifle perc, 50 cal traditions Hawken Woodsman

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 02:20:14 AM »
You can be scared to death of going to prison and you can sit down and question your determination not to be victimized, but nothing else matters except your determination TO survive a violent encounter with a criminal or mentally deranged individual.

No matter what happens, when and if something happens, the law is gonna be all over you like stink on poo.  Expect it!  Make certain you have your lawyer's telephone number handy and do not say a thing - do not make so much as one statement without your lawyer present to advise you of your rights.  Just because the cops read you your rights it doesn't mean you have the right to flap your lips.  The one and only thing you should say is "I do not wish to make any statements until I have my attorney present". 

Expect them to cuff you and stuff your fat ol butt into the back of a patrol car - and expect them to make it as uncomfortable as they possibly can, it's their job - expect tight cuffs and having the drivers seat all the way back to your knees - this accomplishes great discomfort  without any effort on their part.  Expect them to treat you like a criminal and to threaten you with life in jail and the loss of everything you hold dear.  Expect them to ransack you home looking for other guns unless your attorney is at your front door to stop them, and do not expect them to give you back anything they have taken, legally or otherwise, until they are made to do so.  Do not expect them to treat you with any compassion at all, or your possesions with any respect - they will probably hate you for 'doing their job' and act like it.  Expect them to treat you with loathing disrespect when they finally hand you back your sidearm, especially if you inspect it before reloading it in front of their faces or expect them to tell you that you cannot posses a loaded firearm in a police station.  I take it outside the door and reload it - they feel safer.

I love chasing around fun topics.  I enjoy frank discussions, but I don't like to think of what I have to go through if forced to use a firearm again. 

Offline WD45

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 03:41:12 AM »
Better to be cuffed and stuffed than pushing up daiseys ! I'm sure there are people that carry because it boosts thier ego and it makes me wonder how many carry cuz all thier best buds do and they want to fit in with the crowd. I sure don't want to kill any one BUT would not hesitate to use deadly force if necessary to defend my life or my family. I live in a place where it is relatively easy to avoid high crime type areas MOST of the time. On the same note the crime rate is going up with all the illegals we now have in the area plus gangs are expanding the area they work in. 20 years ago I had no need or desire to carry but many places that were once considered the sticks are now suburbia and the burbs are now city and as the population expands so do the places that undesirables and thugs lurk.   

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 05:08:14 PM »
I was trained that the gun does not come out unless you are GOING to shoot...to kill.  I don't wag mine around, would not draw it unless I felt I had to.  If I were to ever reach that point, and I hope to God I don't, I'll worry about the cuffs and bars after.  I would never "shoot to wound".  If that would suffice, I don't need to shoot.
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline rawhidekid

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
I understand what you are saying, but there have been at least two times in my life were just showing I was carring stopped problems.  Both cases,(several years apart, and in different states), I was driving and had a car load of Mexican appearing men attempt to force me off the road.  Simply holding up the firearm made them change thier mind.  To me, I was happy to stop the problem without bloodshed;  hopefully it made them think twice before doing it again.
NRA Life Member, Retired Air Force, Grandfather:   RIA 38 Super, , Vaquaro .357, Golden Boy 39A .22,  54cal GPR, 54 cal Lyman plains pistol, 45 cal Kentucky Rifle perc, 50 cal traditions Hawken Woodsman

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 03:56:03 PM »
The first law of the jungle-----Self Preservation.  Nuff said!

Offline Wishoot

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 05:44:31 PM »
I don't like to think of what I have to go through if forced to use a firearm again. 

"Again"?

Mikey, I have not been around this forum long enough to know you're story, but you are one of the very few people I know of that has actually used their gun (presumably in self defense, not an armed conflict). I appreciate your sharing that perspective. 

I was enrolled in a police academy a long time ago and decided to pull out because I came to the realization that I would have an incredibly difficult time firing a weapon at anyone.  Now that I have a family, my perspective has changed quite a bit.   Be that as it may, I hope and pray that the only thing on the receiving end of my gun is an empty soda can.