Author Topic: Huntsman .50 Whitetails Unl.  (Read 572 times)

Offline brrrrt

• Trade Count: (0)
Huntsman .50 Whitetails Unl.
« on: September 11, 2009, 05:22:12 PM »
Just picked this rifle up a couple days ago. It's my first inline. Ser. #NU282xxx. Any info from you gents would be appreciated. Got it as is without box or anything else. The front sight is broke, but I figure on mounting a red dot anyway, as the old eyes can't see open sights very well anymore. Got it from a shop in central WI for 149 + tax. Had to go thru the BATFE form stuff to get it. Has the 7/8" breach plug. Always used the old sidelocks before.
Still working/Almost retired

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Huntsman .50 Whitetails Unl.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
brrrr,

Welcome to Graybeard Outdoors!

Your Huntsman is a 2004 model. Is yours a 24" or 26" barrel?

I have never heard of a WU Huntsman, but that is not to say there wasn't one. H&R/NEF built some very limited runs of guns for WU, NWTF, RMEF, and a few others. Can you take a pic of your forends ramrod channel? I am just curious if it looks factory, because I have never seen a camo wood stock set for the Huntsman. They put camo synthetic stocks on the Cabelas exclusive Heritage (Sidekick), but never seen them on the Huntsmans. If I had to guess, I would say that someone added those WU stocks to that.

Come on up and join us at the H&R/NEF Huntsman & Sidekick forum. Plenty of information on the Huntsmans up there. Maybe someone else has seen one?

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/board,134.0.html
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline brrrrt

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 04:01:22 AM »
Thanks for replying, Busta. I realize now this was posted to the wrong area. Here, however, is another look.
Still working/Almost retired

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 05:19:50 PM »
brrrrt,

By golly, I think you have a RARE Huntsman there. Thanks for the pics. I have seen a lot of Huntsmans over a lot of years, but have yet to see one of those. Come on up to the Huntsman forum and show her off, I am sure they would like to see her.

By no means are you in the wrong area, it is an inline after all. I just think it would be appreciated more by the NEF guys.  ;)
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member