Author Topic: Ready To Hunt  (Read 453 times)

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
Ready To Hunt
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »
Archery Season opens, here in Missouri, the 15th. My son Jason and I did some practice shooting our bows this morning. He got new arrows and broadheads. He's shooting some wicked looking Carbon Express XT 4 Blade Double Damage 100 gr. broadheads on Carbon Express arrows out of his Mathews Q2 XL. I'm shooting Carbon Express Aluminum Hunting Crossbolt 2219's tipped with 125 gr Muzzy 3 blade 1" broadheads. I was very impressed with how well they fly. Had to make a few adjustments after replacing the string on my Horton Legend XL 175 and switching to the heavier broadheads from 100 gr's. Also switched from carbon to aluminum arrows. I'm now dead on at 30 yards. Consistant enough I have to remove each arrow after shooting it to keep from damaging it with the next shot. Bought my tag and put out a trail cam in a new spot I'm anxious to try. It's by a small, and very secluded, pond with lots of deer and turkey sign around it. I also put out a salt block by the pond. As dry as it's been it should be an excellent spot. Hoping to get some good pics. Anyhow, we are ready to go hunting. I can already smell backstraps a cooking.  ;D