Author Topic: barrel  (Read 1092 times)

Offline mauserman026

• Trade Count: (0)
barrel
« on: August 08, 2009, 02:08:46 AM »
also i been looking at barrels from hern iron works cannon mikes and south bend replicas few other places i am getting in shooting what are the best barrels for for shooting live rounds with lead balls last a long time  has any body got any barrels from bear track trading post

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: barrel
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:40:16 AM »
I'm a sponsor and we have surplus military barrels a lot of folks like to use, since they are about the strongest tube you can get.  We have 40MM Army "Duster" barrel sections, 40" long, weigh 90 lbs, 12-groove rifling, twist adequate for black powder shooting with projectiles made out of any material that can deform just enough to catch the rifling.  40" section is $400. FOB zip 22150, normally costs $80. or $60. E. of Mississippi, or pick them up in Alexandria, VA.

We also have original 7-pounder muzzle-loadiing rifles, steel, 1880's, priced slightly higher.  And often we have other interesting items.  Oh, we just got in some massive 105mm rifled tank gun barrels, 4-foot sections, weigh several hundred pounds each, probably average 2 to 4 inch wall thickness, nice for a rifled howitzer!  No pricing set up yet, but working on it.

Offline SLEEPY BEEPER

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 08:35:10 AM »
Hi Cannonmn, What is the best way to contact you if I wanted to buy a barrel?

Offline artillerybuff

• Battery D 5th US
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 12:18:05 PM »
Hello Cannonmn,

Do you have any rifled 75mm barrels?  I would to find one 72" long or so to build a full scale Ordnance Rifle.

Thank you~   Anthony

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 11:50:00 PM »
  We have 40MM Army "Duster" barrel sections, 40" long, weigh 90 lbs, 12-groove rifling...  40" section is $400.

We also have original 7-pounder muzzle-loadiing rifles, steel, 1880's, priced slightly higher.

$499.99? ;D
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 11:57:44 PM »
  We have 40MM Army "Duster" barrel sections, 40" long, weigh 90 lbs, 12-groove rifling...  40" section is $400.

We also have original 7-pounder muzzle-loadiing rifles, steel, 1880's, priced slightly higher.

$499.99? ;D
Keep going! Your Ice Cold.......
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:04:29 AM »
We have two left with very good bores for $6K each, and one with corroded bore for $5500.00.  That's the one shown in our video called "Mountain Gun Explosion" where we destroyed a steel plate and concrete blocks, firing a WWII Navy 3" AP projectile Mk 29, from which rotating band had been removed.  That one took a 12-lb. projectle and 10 oz. BP with no visible damage to the gun.  Nice flame, sparks, sound, and slow-mo shots in that video if you have some time to kill.

Those guns are cast steel and appear to be able to take heavy loa.  The one with corroded bore, we were going to have it bored out to a 6-pdr. smoothbore but the guy who said he could do it is still putting us off two years later.

If we still have 'em on 1 January, the prices will have gone up 8 % in annual price increase, so get 'em while they are (relatively) cheap!  Think about it, they all have beautiful Afghan coats-of-arms engraved on the breech, plus gun number, and some gibberish characters that I'm told translate to "Mule Gun."

Offline SLEEPY BEEPER

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »
How does a person contact you to buy a barrel?

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 01:56:54 PM »
You can send him a PM  or Email by clicking the links inder his user name on the right. A link to his website, may be there also.

You also find his contact info on the Sponsors sticky at the top of the board.

Offline SLEEPY BEEPER

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 05:06:33 PM »
Thank You

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 11:04:06 PM »
We have two left with very good bores for $6K each....

:'( If only I could shuffle one in with the smaller milsurp rifles in the safe. A Mauser here and there is no problem, but I fear a frying pan upside the head would follow delivery of one of those.

Sure wish I could afford some kind of shootable antique barrel...
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes