Author Topic: Budapest Military Museum  (Read 2468 times)

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
Re: Budapest Military Museum
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2009, 01:34:46 PM »
i fell down laughing and he ran off  ;D .........i think he mistook my gaffaas harr hees for singing .

they run faster going away ,than when coming at you  ! 

believe me after i lost my grip on him i was ready for any attack ...frontal or otherwise !

he was more scarred of me than i was of him !   I must a a Scotsman for sure !  :o i think it took !

they dont like a hagis do they ? ???

and cannons too ! what would a gun called 'the great hagis ' look like ?  8)

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline carronader

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • What? me worry.
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2009, 10:23:25 PM »
Gary they call it MONS MEG     now there is a real haggis boiler...........  ugliest gun you ever did see.......needless to say the shortsighted Swede thinks it's pretty.  The sheeps brains in the haggis must have got to the welshman........the thought of one of his ' pretties ' bein murdered was just too much. 

From central courtyard again, impressive display area ,well tended ,spaced out (no Gary not that way....plenty of room to walk around tsk ! )
Scottish by birth and by heart.

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2009, 12:09:51 AM »
 :-*Hagis aside.......

I believe this is a 37mm Skoda manufactured cannon, I will have to pull out my Skoda catalog to confirm this it may also have a few other
of the later items in it.

Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline carronader

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • What? me worry.
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2009, 05:35:26 AM »
They got some ' stuff ' laying around to rear .........looks to be ' overflow ' from their World Wars museum as they have got a lot of heavy ordnance from when they were used as a shuttlecock between Mr Hitler and Mr Stalin           this is another Skoda    not in our remit but interesting
Scottish by birth and by heart.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2009, 03:48:25 AM »
Saving the nice photos to your computer:

Most of you probably know this already, but if you want to save the full size photos which show up here as thumbnail (small) photos quickly, you can right-click on the highlighted text below the thumbnail picture and select "save target as" then give it a name or use the name it already has to save it to yr computer.  This saves you having to open up the larger photo before saving it.

If you do a "save as" by right-clicking on the thumbnail, that's what you will save, the small thumbnail, not the larger photo.

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2009, 07:10:25 AM »
thanks agian , had no clue .
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.