Author Topic: LL Bean rifle scopes??  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
LL Bean rifle scopes??
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:19:44 AM »
just got the fall LL Bean hunting catalog and see they offer 3 rifle scopes with their own brand on them.  A 1.5-8 and a couple more powerful, 3-10 I think.  Anybody know who builds these for LL Bean and what the likely (or actual) quality is?

Just curious.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: LL Bean rifle scopes??
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
Folks line Bean and Cabela's and other such never tell who actually makes their scopes. Generally speaking they are made by the lowest bidder and the next batch might be made by someone else. They just give the specs and price range they want and put it out for bid. You'd be well advised to avoid such and stick to someone who's actually in the scope business and who will be in five, ten or more years. Most companies like them who jump in like this find it's not really a profitable business to be in when the returns start and so drop out after a few years leaving you holding the bag.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Skunk

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:59:27 AM »
Not sure, but they sure look like some the Weaver line.
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 08:20:08 PM »
Thanks GB, I wasn't interested in buying one just surprised to see them in the LL Bean catalog.
I have mostly Leupys on my serious rifles and some Bushnells, Weavers and a Simmons, even a Swift Premier on .22s and pellet rifles.  I like to stay with known brands.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA