Author Topic: Banned Weapons list????  (Read 873 times)

Offline Thunder38849

• Trade Count: (0)
Banned Weapons list????
« on: July 16, 2004, 05:19:13 PM »
Anyone know where there is a list on the internet of banned weapons???
Livin' Life, 3000 fps at a time.

Offline savageT

Banned Weapons list????
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 05:04:03 AM »
....have you gone to the ATF Site?????
Jim
savageT........Have you hugged a '99 lately?

Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most.

Offline Thunder38849

Banned Weapons list????
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 06:40:13 AM »
Yes, I have looked all over it and can't find a list there.   I was thinking they had them listed, but no luck with finding.
Livin' Life, 3000 fps at a time.

Offline Robert357

• Contributor
Say what?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 12:14:04 PM »
I can understand why you are confused.  

I suggest that you write a letter to BAFT and your state attorney general telling what you want to do and asking their advice.  I am sure they would be interested in hearing from you.

That would also help define what kind of "banned" weapon you want to know more about.

There are weapons banned by state law and some banned by different federal laws.  For example there are firearms that are "banned from manufacture and importation" by the federal government associated with the Assault Weapons Ban that will soon sunset.  

However, that bill doesn't "ban" the ownership of such firearms if they were made prior to the passage of the legislation, i.e. you can own under federal law a "pre-ban" semi-auto with certain evil looking features.  However, you might (if you live in California or certain other states) be guilty of a crime if you own such a firearm, even though it isn't a violation of federal law.  It can be confusing, so you should write to both BAFT and your state attorney general letting them know the type of banned weapons you are interested in.

If on the other hand you are trying to find out about something else, say destructive devices, why don't you make out a third letter and address it to the Federal Dept. of Homeland Security.  I am sure they will quickly respond to your inquiry on these banned weapons.

:lol:

Offline DangYankee

Banned Weapons list????
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 02:53:18 AM »
I hope you Jest about all the letters!   I would not draw attention from any of the above mentioned entities. These are perilous times we live in and
I just do not know if I would want to make myself stand out from the crowd in any way by asking about banned weapons. I understand your
plight, but I would bet that a "RED FLAG" would be put on your return address from the letter. E-Mail from a generic account and not from home.
That is the way to ask them.

"UNITED WE STAND".......Except in an ELECTION YEAR!!!

Offline Robert357

• Contributor
No jesting
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 08:49:50 AM »
I hope you Jest about all the letters!

I was very serious.  Based on the questions that were asked I see those letters as about the only "appropriate" responses to the inquiry.  

Are you suggesting helping this person violate federal laws?

Didn't think so.