Author Topic: bolt on Disc exteme  (Read 1746 times)

Offline wind drift

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
bolt on Disc exteme
« on: September 20, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »
Bought a new rifle i put the bolt in and took it out a couple of times just to get use to it.? is the last time i had it out i turned the saftey on the back of the bolt and something moved now the bolt will not rotate back to the right position and will not go back into the gun.What could be the proublem besides me leaving the darn thing alone.  :-[ Should i send it back to KNIGHT.THANKS

Offline 1sourdough

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: bolt on Disc exteme
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »
 It sounds like the bolt is out of the alingment that it takes to go into the gun. When the bolt is out of the gun that secondary(srew in knob)safety is used to take the bolt apart(disc extreme no spacer wrench required). When tension is released(knob unscrewed) you have to have the bolt in alingment to fit. It's hard to explain. You can also have problems if the bolt slipped out of alingment & went forward without the turn knob in to hold it. Try to find a Knight guy if you can, or study it some. It should be fairly minor.
NRA, Veteran

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »
wind drift,

Depending on what year your Disc Extreme was manufactured, will depend on what bolt you have. I presume it is the C-Tooless bolt.

The easiest way to describe it is to grasp the bolt (CHROME PART) in your left hand, turn the secondary safety all the way in with your right hand, once you bottom that out, rotate the back portion (BLACK PARTS) clockwise up out of the notch, as soon as you get up out of the notch, there will be a small detent in the back of the chrome bolt, there will also be a rounded protrusion in the black part. Line these up, while holding them in that position, slowly unscrew the secondary safety until the firing pin spring settles the protrusion back into the detent. Now it will go into your rifle and function properly.

If you want to take the bolt apart for cleaning, you just tighten the safety back down all the way, which releases the protrusion from the detent, then just rotate the whole black parts counter clockwise and it will unscrew from the bolt body. To re-assemble turn it back in clockwise, until the protrusion again lines up with the detent, then hold in position while backing off on the secondary safety screw. It is real easy once you have done it a couple times.

If I didn't explain it well enough, it should be on either page 13 or page 30 of your Owners Manual.

Or go to this link and pick out your Owners Manual.

http://www.knightrifles.com/instructionmanual/default

It will be on page 30 of this owners manual, see photo #2.

http://images.ebsco.com/pob/knightrifles/catalog/8_07_complete_web.pdf

These are the instructions, you will have to download the PDF to see the pictures.

DISC C-Toolless Bolt Removal and Disassembly
When you are ready to remove and clean your bolt, follow this procedure to avoid misalignment
problems.
With the rifle bolt handle in the up position, while pulling out on the spring loaded
Quick Release bolt screw (Photo #1 - Letter A), pull the bolt out of the receiver.
Turn the secondary safety clockwise until the cocking piece (Photo #2 - Letter B) is
drawn up against the front edge of secondary safety. (Photo #2 - Letter C)
Unscrew the striker assembly counterclockwise, until it is free from the bolt body.
(Further disassembly is not required; doing so may result in your having to send the
bolt back to be reassembled.)

U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline wind drift

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 11:28:39 AM »
Busta, thanks a million did what you said 3seconds later WALA once again thanks.