Author Topic: thompson Center Patriot  (Read 3351 times)

Offline RG22lr

• Trade Count: (4)
thompson Center Patriot
« on: September 16, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »
Hi Guys I picked up a Patriot 45 cal. Black powder pistol Saturday at the Checotah gun show. It appears to be unfired. I know these haven't been made for awhile and was just checking to see if anyone knows the value of this model. I did the Google thing and it seems to be all over the place on price. so LMK what you think. I may put it up for sale later. Thanks Dennis

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: thompson Center Patriot
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 04:01:27 AM »
They were bringing around $400 on Gun Broker, but recently prices are down so it's more like $300 now I believe. Just watch the auctions to see what is really happening out there. BTW, those are really neat pistols, and usually shoot quite well.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline RG22lr

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:25:04 AM »
Thanks that is about what I thought. I did find out this is a first year production gun(no brass nose cap on the stock) and appears to be unfired. I don't think I will fire it for now. Thanks for the response  Dennis

Offline kirkwhitaker

• Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.kirkwhitaker.com
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 03:31:07 AM »
have one i picked up that had a cracked stock...fixed that and it is super accurate. If you are anyone else has one...do not shoot conicals out of it...stock is way to weak for that. Light target loads are a dream in that thing. (i payed 75.00 for it...spent an afternoon pining and epoxying the stock and you can hardly tell it had a problem. whoever had it dropped it on it's butt...cracked the wrist..which is the weakest part)
k
www.kirkwhitaker.com is up and running
drop on by!

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 01:56:01 PM »
Way to go Kirk! Good find! I'd like to find one in 36 cal some day, but they don't show up very often.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline RG22lr

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 03:25:31 AM »
It is my understanding that alot of them had stocks cracked by loading them. TC made a stand to put them in that supported the wrist of the stock. FYI TCA  manual states that 30 grains of black powder is a max load in these guns.
                                                                                                                                              Dennis

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 02:23:45 PM »
Dennis is right...most of the damage problably done as the pistols are are being loaded.  Even with great care they will all split with the grain...I've got two and both split out even with TLC.  A steel pin and epoxy puts them right back in shooting condition.

BTW, you don't need much powder either...these guns are real tack drivers and shoot fine with lighter loads.  Any more than 15g is a waste.

...Chris

"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike!" Spiro Agnew