Author Topic: Why oh why?  (Read 837 times)

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Why oh why?
« on: December 11, 2009, 11:32:06 AM »
This afternoon I stopped at a local owned shop in the Toledo area that is a nice place but sure is not known for low prices or customer service.
Many of the guns for sale had a "buy it now price" and a "after Dec 25" price.
The thing I don't understand is the after Christmas price was the low price. I had one rifle in my hands I would have purchased today if it were not for the lower future price.
It just seems to me that if you have a customer with cash in hand you would not want them to walk out the door.
The gun shop has run "sales" like this in the past... guess they must work or they would not repeat them

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
Re: Why oh why?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 12:36:03 PM »
They must have a lot of faith that people will have some money left after Christmas , if my wife has her way , I'll be broke till late spring .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Hairtrigger

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 12:45:08 PM »
Kinda what I was thinking, after Christmas you realize just how much you spent

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 01:31:07 AM »
not a real good sale gimmick??? unless they had raised them up to make you think new gun?? was it all used  stuff??

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »
Sounds dumb to me. Even if you were going to lower prices later why would you discurage a sale now that was going to increase you profit.  ??? Those guys are nuts.

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »
Kinda sounds the way distributers work. I've tried to buy from distributers, offer cash up front, and they wouldn't give me a lower price than what they offered dealers on a 30-60 or sometime's 90 day pay. I always figured cash up front should get the best deal. But, who the hell am I, just a gun show dealer. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 02:32:20 AM »
Kinda sounds the way distributers work. I've tried to buy from distributers, offer cash up front, and they wouldn't give me a lower price than what they offered dealers on a 30-60 or sometime's 90 day pay. I always figured cash up front should get the best deal. But, who the hell am I, just a gun show dealer. gypsyman

yeah man but your a nice  gun show dealer  hahaha ;D ;D

Offline stimpylu32

• Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 03:21:18 AM »

Who moves as much , if not more product than some of the shop guys . Why ? Because you go to the people , not wait for the people to come to you .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline BIG Dog454

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »
Hairtrigger, you know whos sets the prices there: and she want's to make lots of money.  And it's becoming a monoploy  in lucas co.

Offline Hairtrigger

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 11:51:28 AM »
It's a shame because there are some very nice people there.
The range is always busy, I cannot think money should be an issue