Author Topic: Huntsman problem...  (Read 945 times)

Offline mibighntr

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Huntsman problem...
« on: September 26, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »
Was shooting the Huntsman today at the range for the first time since buying it and I had the hammer-block safety thingy break off!!

Tried to cock the Huntsman to shoot and it wouldn't cock.  Looked in there to see what was up and saw the hammer-block safety thingy wiggling around.  Turned the gun over and it fell out in my hand.  Looks like there is some sort of small dia pin in the gun that retains it.  Not sure if that sheared off or what??

Anyone experience this before??

Off to the gunsmith for a charge I wasn't planning on!!!  Maybe that's what I get for not buying something different??

Mark

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Huntsman problem...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 12:11:49 PM »
See the transfer bar info in the FAQs, you can order it from Brownell's and replace it yourself, many here have done it, it's one of the recommended spare parts to have on hand.  ;) You may also be able to peen the parts back together depending on whether it's broke, or just came apart, that's been done too.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Keith Lewis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:31:21 AM »
I have an old Huntsman before they "improved" it with add on stuff that is not necessary. Sure wish people would leave good things alone. If you can't deal with a single shot with a hammer and figure out what is safe you probably should not be out with a gun anyway. Maybe it is for the guys that hunt in New York City.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 12:12:14 PM »
Keith Lewis:  Seems everyone making exposed hammer guns started using transfer bars after T/C lost a law suite.  T/C got sued to the tune of several million dollars and T/C lost.

As for my ML barrel, it fit perfectly on an old 12ga frame I had before transfer bars.  Shoots just as good as it did on the SB-2 frame it was origanilly fitted to.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 02:51:29 PM »
Maybe it is for the guys that hunt in New York City.

Now, now, now.....your rippin on Plaxico again!! You'll shoot your thigh out!!! :P

Offline Keith Lewis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 04:08:25 PM »
Maybe it is for the guys that hunt in New York City.

Now, now, now.....your rippin on Plaxico again!! You'll shoot your thigh out!!! :P

After watching the clip on Conan about Newark maybe it is for the people that hunt in Newark. I think the Mayor just outdid New York City for stupid response to a joke. To be fair I was born In New York State (Way West end not the City).