Author Topic: Kollmorgen Bear Cub Scope  (Read 657 times)

Offline woodchukhntr

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (108)
Kollmorgen Bear Cub Scope
« on: October 18, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
I recently picked up a 4X Kollmorgen Bear Cub Scope with a post reticule to put on my '03-A3 sporter.  It is in excellent condition for a scopes made in the '50's, and very clear.  The only drawback is it has a 26mm diameter body, so I will have to modify rings to fit.  I understand that Kollmorgen sold it's scope line to Redfield in 1959, and the scope has some collector value.  Does anyone have any other information?

Offline Gavinator

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Kollmorgen Bear Cub Scope
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »
 26mm is .024 bigger than 1".
 Try using 1" rings.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Kollmorgen Bear Cub Scope
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 12:31:46 PM »
You might get by with 1" if you use paper or something to line them but it is best to find the proper rings. Some folks still make them I believe tho finding them in stock is not such an easy chore.

It was in its day a really fine scope but its day has long since passed. I'm not much of one for the nostalgia of such old scopes personally and feel they are best left to collectors but there is a segment of the market that longs for the nostalgia of such scopes and prefer them on period rifles I'm just not part of that segment.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!