Author Topic: Hornady Progressive Press!  (Read 290 times)

Offline Tonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Hornady Progressive Press!
« on: October 28, 2009, 07:07:16 PM »
I was just wondering if any members had any experience with the new Hornady Lock-N-Load AP Progressive reloading press with Auto Case Feeder? The rate of finished ammo or product seems to be at least 700 rounds per hour. I believe it could be at least a 100 rds more if a person got into it hot N heavy.

I have watched the videos on U-Tube and was impressed by how one could simple pull out a case from any position on the shell holder of the Hornady Press during a cycle session and then simply replace said case within a blink of an eye. Something you can NOT do with a Dillion 550B and especially the XL 650 Dillion press.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Hornady Progressive Press!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:17:35 AM »
Lloyd Smale uses the Hornady Progressive tho I'm not sure about the case feeder for it. Perhaps he will see this and comment. I'm not coordinated enough for progressive presses. I've tried a few for shotshells over the years and just never got the hang of it with any of them. I'll stick to single stage presses for all my loading I guess.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Hornady Progressive Press!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 01:46:03 AM »
ive got 3 of them two with case feeders. To be honest there a good press but they have a couple flaws as anything does. They tend to go out of time and it seems im constantly adjusting the timing and the case feeder can be troublesome. I much prefer the case feeder setup on a 650 dillon. Other then that there great presses and when running right will crank out a ton of ammo fast. What made me go with them over the dillons is the free bullet offer. It makes it a no brainer but if it werent for that i probably would have went with 650s, things i like over the dillon is although they both have a crappy primer system the hornadys is simpler and probably more reliable. The fact that it advances in two steps makes it much smoother. I like the lock and load system of die changes and have converted my other presses and even bought a single stange hornady which by the way i like better then any single stage press ive owned, and lastly the powder measure is hands down better then dillons. It meters better and has the option, which i love of changing the powder inserts to allow a guy to keep them allready set in specific charge weights.
blue lives matter