Author Topic: Corbon Pow 'R' Ball ammo.  (Read 796 times)

Offline fknipfer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Corbon Pow 'R' Ball ammo.
« on: September 28, 2009, 03:20:27 AM »
I just bought two boxes of  9 X 18 Mak.  from Corbon.  Looks like pretty good ccw ammo 1250fps, 240lbs ME.  From what I read from Hornady and Corbon the ball in center make sure the bullets expand for quick stopping.  Like to carry a lighter pistol and have a decent ammo.  I don't know anything about the ammo but sounds good.

fknipfer
Kansas Rifle Association
NRA Life Member
I am not a gun collector, I am an accumulator
US Army Veteran

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Corbon Pow 'R' Ball ammo.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 05:40:28 AM »
I haven't tried it but all the reports I have read are good. :o

Offline johnboyncsu

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:03:46 PM »
I have shot some through a Kahr PM9.  It cycled fine and I plan to purchase some more.  It was highly recommended by one of the dealers at the local gun shop and he carried it in his Glock 9mm.

Offline Tonk

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 04:14:55 AM »
I have shot the Cor-Bon and the Pow-R-Ball ammo in wet newspaper tests back in the beginning of summer. I can tell you that Cor-Bon is very good self-defense ammo and will out penetrate the Pow-R-Ball ammo. However, the Pow-R-Ball ammo is not meant to penetrate as deeply but it will FRAG apart, causing more tissue damage to the surrounding area the bullet line takes. Pow-R-Ball usually was 1 to 1.5 inches less in penetration than the other self-defense ammo we tried in the test done.

Pow-R-Ball is usually a little "Hotter" by comparison, meaning the velocity is higher. I would not kick about one verses the other but be more concerned which one shot the best groups and functioned in my pistol without any problems. This is the main issue, so when you draw that pistol to fire and pull the trigger, it will indeed go BANG everytime you do so. ;)