Author Topic: Mr. Ed visits Leeds  (Read 555 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Mr. Ed visits Leeds
« on: October 31, 2009, 05:08:05 AM »
Mr. Ed is usually the MC of our "cannonmn" videos.  He was in Leeds last year and provided these photos of some exhibits with himself as the size model.  I think he's about 5'8" tall.

Offline 1Southpaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Let Freedom ring
Any idea as to
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 05:16:59 AM »
the type rifles on the wall ?  All the same or variations of same models ?
Left Handed people are in their right mind .

Offline KABAR2

Re: Mr. Ed visits Leeds
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 05:20:46 AM »
Mr Ed,

I'm jealous it's been along time since I have been able to travel it looks like they have some nice displays worth seeing,

I reconize the Chinese cannon form someone else's visit, only in this photo I can see the bore for the size of the gun

it is rather small.

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,186360.0.html
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 05:49:41 AM »
the type rifles on the wall ?  All the same or variations of same models ?

The original photos he sent are pretty large, so I can pick out detail.  The rifles in the lower arc look like all WWI-era German Mauser K-98's.  The group above that is a mixture of two or three different types of bolt-action military rifles which I can't identify.  There are of course a number of single-shot blackpowder pistols in the photo.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »
Are there any close-ups of the coehorn mortars in the first pic?
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 01:35:38 PM »
No Coehorn closeups, but maybe I can make one out of his large photo; if it comes out big enuf I will post it here.  There are three 4.5 Coehorns and two 5.5 Royals, as I recall.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 01:45:18 PM »
Here are the Coehorns which Boom J asked about.  Now it looks like two 4.5's and three 5.5's.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 12:03:07 PM »
Thanks.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 12:16:46 PM »
Here's a closer look at our 4.5-inch.  Note the magic marker aiming mark-temporary of course, doesn't hurt it.  Tanya has grown up and gotten a lot better looking in the 3 years since we made that video, she's a friend of a friend who happened to be at the range that day.

[yt=425,350]GHZQIAsOtW8[/yt]