Author Topic: PMR-30...RE visited  (Read 9216 times)

Offline hunt4570

• Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
    • Harley FLT?FLH bikes and Rides
Re: PMR-30...RE visited
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 04:46:14 AM »
Whoohoo...keep the updates coming!
PETA.....P eople  E ating  T asty  A nimals

Come visit my forum  http://forums.delphiforums.com/anyride/start

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »
The replacement barrel arrived and I was able to fire off most of a mag with out problem...  Gotts to pull the mags apart and see if all is well with them then be careful loading...

Heading to the range this weekend and give it a good shooting

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »
I HAVE BEEN GRINNING FOR THE LAST THREE HOURS!!!

Hit the range at noon, I had a couple rifles to check zero on and wanted to test two loads. The over to the handgun range...

Two on my buddies arrived just after I got the handgun range and we had a great time firing our PMR's! Two guys walked over and watched us shoot them. I let one guy shoot mine another buddie let other guy shoot his... I think we just sold two more PMR's for our local dealer. :rolleyes:

Any how, I shot over 250 rounds today. I had exactly 6 feeding issues. One was my fault, not inserting the mag completely. One other was a failure to feed when the bullets did not advance properly. (Internal mag bind) Four where slow advance, two of those four was same magazine with CCI VMax blk tip ammo.

I shot EVERYTHING!!  Almost all available ammo;

Fiocchi, SP, HP & FMJ
Winchester, HP, FMJ, PDX1 & Varmint
Remington, 33g SP, & HP
CCI, Vmax, +V, HP, FMJ, Game point & TNT
Hornady, Vmax & CD
Federal, 50g, 40g HP & FMJ
Speer, 40 and OLDER 45g HP

Most of shooting was at 15 feet, but I did shoot a couple mags at 25 yards all offhand. Here is some targets.

This is first mag thru new barrel with a 6 o'çlock hold;

AS you can see, this barrel shoots a bit to the right from last one and its also substantially lower. ;( (MY ONLY complaint!!)

Here is Critacal Defence ammo at 15'

Here is Winchester PDX1 @ 15'

Here is Hornady 30g VMax

Here is a 75' target shot with CCI VMax ammo

So needles to say I am extremely pleased!!  My single complaint is shooting low, A shorter front site would cure it quickly. I guess I need look inot a new lower fornt site.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline dpe.ahoy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »
Glad it's working out for you CW!  I still haven't taken mine out again, wind has been blowing pretty strong on my days off, or honey-do list has me by the neck.  DP
RIP Oct 27, 2017

Handi's:22Shot, 22LR, 2-22Mag, 22Hornet, 5-223, 2-357Max, 44 mag, 2-45LC, 7-30 Waters, 7mm-08, 280, 25-06, 30-30, 30-30AI, 444Marlin, 45-70, AND 2-38-55s, 158 Topper 22 Hornet/20ga. combo;  Levers-Marlins:Two 357's, 44 mag, 4-30-30s, RC-Glenfields 36G-30A & XLR, 3-35 Rem, M-375, 2-444P's, 444SS, 308 MX, 338Marlin MXLR, 38-55 CB, 45-70 GS, XS7 22-250 and 7mm08;  BLR's:7mm08, 358Win;  Rossi: 3-357mag, 44mag, 2-454 Casull; Winchesters: 7-30 Waters, 45Colt Trapper; Bolt actions, too many;  22's, way too many.  Who says it's an addiction?

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2013, 07:43:19 AM »
CW, why not just take a few file strokes off the top of the front sight? I wouldn't take much, just a few thousandths.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2013, 11:07:42 AM »
CW, why not just take a few file strokes off the top of the front sight? I wouldn't take much, just a few thousandths.

Unfortuneately, this pistol has fiber optic sights.

I received a email back from Kel Tec today, They suggested I return the pistol to the factory. There may be a problem with the slide or the barrel... That aint happening.... ;)

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline chefjeff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2013, 04:41:47 AM »
Man,if you can get these near $400,I suggest you snap them up. Matter of fact,I'll pay you $ 150 profit to send one to my FFL!

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
CW, could you take the front sight off and mill the base down or maybe just put it on a file or piece of sand paper and rub it down a little. I notice it is held on by just two screws.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2019, 05:17:14 AM »
btt

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2021, 06:39:18 AM »
Still have t "fixed" front site. But learned how to shoot it and still enjoying it.

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline darkgael

• Trade Count: (1)
  • The readiness is all. 4049 posts from the “old” gb
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2021, 04:24:58 PM »
I picked one up a couple of years ago before the current craziness. It is fun and is a good choice for use as an ATV gun. The only mod that I have made was to the grip…I found them slippery and so added a covering that was rough so the gun would not slip in my hand

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2021, 05:15:56 AM »
That is EXACTLY what we thought a d thats about only time I "use it" sans range trips.

NRA LIFE Member