Author Topic: Springfield XD Service Model 9mm  (Read 887 times)

Offline zackyholdem

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
Springfield XD Service Model 9mm
« on: January 26, 2010, 06:10:20 PM »
I'm looking for a handgun for carry. And i came across the Springfield XD Service Model 9mm, model # (XD9101HC). Does anyone have any information/experience with this gun. i'm interested in what are the differences between the xd service model 9mm and the plain jane xd 9mm.

Thanks for the infor in advance, Zack
When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, Its always the patriots who first hear the call. - Charlton Heston

Handi's -30-06, 223 Ultra, 7mm-08, 44 mag, 45-70, 17hmr, Tracker II 12ga, Pardner 10ga (2)12ga's and .410

Offline John R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Springfield XD Service Model 9mm
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 02:24:24 AM »
Between myself and 2 brothers we own 6 XD 45's in Tactical, Service, and Compact. They are fine weapons (go bang every time you pull the trigger) The Service model has a 4" bbl. The Tactical has a 5" bbl. the Compact has a 4" bbl. with a shorter grip. In 9mm they also make a sub-compact with a 3" bb.  They also have the XDM out that is a full size pistol, with 5" bbl. holding 19+1 in 9mm. I hope that answers your question.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 03:21:26 AM »
Between myself and 2 brothers we own 6 XD 45's in Tactical, Service, and Compact. They are fine weapons (go bang every time you pull the trigger) The Service model has a 4" bbl. The Tactical has a 5" bbl. the Compact has a 4" bbl. with a shorter grip. In 9mm they also make a sub-compact with a 3" bb.  They also have the XDM out that is a full size pistol, with 5" bbl. holding 19+1 in 9mm. I hope that answers your question.

The only thing I would ad to that is the (m) in XDm stands for "match" barrel.  They supposedly have a little tighter tolerances and are more accurate than the standard XD models.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline highwayman

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »
my nephew owns this pistol and it is scary to watch him at the range with it.

Offline bomtek44

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 03:01:15 AM »
I did a lot of comparisons a few years ago between the Baby Glock and the XDSC (3 inch barrel), when I replaced by old S&W revolver backup. I ended up with the XD. It has shot and fed everything, and shoots well.

bomtek44
bomtek44

Offline jeep08ham

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »
Two of my sons carry the XD9 subcompacts and they are absolutely ready to fire anytime you are.  Have shot 1,000's of rounds down range and then only clean and lube as required.  Trust my life to mine almost daily!  Carry it 6 days a week and then sometimes on Sunday too.