Author Topic: BSA Sweet 22 scope...  (Read 380 times)

Offline Plainsman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
BSA Sweet 22 scope...
« on: November 07, 2009, 07:46:35 PM »
I just picked up a BSA Sweet 22 2-7x32mm AO scope and mounted it on my Marlin 780 bolt action .22LR.  I'm excited to get it out and see how it does.  The rifle is a tack driver and with the AO and ballistic turret I thought it should round out the system.  Does anybody have one and what are your thoughts?

Thanks!
Plainsman :)

plainsmanscabin@yahoo.com

"Aim small, miss small!"

Offline Brithunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: BSA Sweet 22 scope...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:23:14 PM »
Hmmm my thoughts are good luck!

The BSA Optics don't have a good reputation for quality sorry to say but there it is!

A buddy thought they were good and his went south on him. BSA replaced it under warrenty and guess what this year it went again:-

just finished an elk hunt and wanted to share some info on my scope. bsa contender, 6-24x , aol, about 1 yr old. functioned well til it got cold then objective lens frosted up on inside. finally cleared when i got home to missouri. contacted BSA and apparently this scope isnt covered by their limited lifetime warranty for some reason. a current new one of same model is as are all their other scopes. so i am up the proverbial creek. i also contacted midwayusa where i bought it. just to let them know how their suppliers treat customers. if they continue to carry BSA i will have to start getting all my supplies at Graffs.

So it seems that the warrenty is good only the once .............. if your lucky that is. Persoanlly I don't think their worth bothering with or taking the risk on and I really think their just dragging the BSA name into the dirt  >:(. I think you would be better off with a Mueller or something else.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »
I don't have that specific scope but I do have a BSA Sweet 17 which I've yet to mount as I sold my .17 HMR before mounting it.

I do have a BSA 2-7 AO which most likely is the same as the scope you have minus the adjustment feature for range compensation. It's been mounted on my GAMO air rifle since I bought it a few years ago. It's been a good scope and does not lose zero and everything on it works as it should. Most folks knock them but I've had no problems with mine.

It's far from the best possible choice but for the 2-3 years I've had it the scope continues to do what scopes are supposed to do.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Ahab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 12:03:45 PM »
I've had one mounted on my Gamo for 4 years now and it still holds zero. Thought I'd have to replace it but nooo! ;D
NRA Endowment
Arizona Bighorn Sheep Society member
Arizona Antelope Foundation member

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »
I bought the new model a couple months back for my new Marlin 917V. It is for a 17 HMR it is the 6x18x40 with the side focus. I have put a couple hundred rounds down the tube and it still has held zero. This is also set up for the 17 GR and the 20 GR bullets. I have yet to get to strech it's legs and see compensates at longer distances. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!