Author Topic: Display of small cannons in PA  (Read 523 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Morko and Me
Re: Display of small cannons in PA
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »
Is this to join your org. ? Company of Milatary Historians ?

gary

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 04:18:13 PM »
Cannonmn,

Always nice to see your collection getting some air,

That is an organization I should have joined 20 years ago I'll have to get a application from you.

What is the breech loader at the end of the table?
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »
I see you already have the new acquisition on display. Would you describe the gun to your immediate left?
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
I really hadn't intended this post as a recruiting drive, but since you mentioned it, check out the general situation here, then if you like it, click button at bottom for application form.  Put my name, John Morris, in "sponsor's name" block.  I've really enjoyed my membership for past 35 yrs or so, it is a great group to be in if you have a deep interest in military history.

http://www.military-historians.org/company/join.htm

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 05:54:13 PM »
The piece on my left is this one, you've probably seen it before but its hard to tell what it is from that angle:

[yt=425,350]7MiISY9Agmo[/yt]

The breechloader on left end of table, I don't know what it is.  Smoothbore 1.5 inch, ca. 1890, with a novel "rocking" recoil system I've never seen in anything made before or since.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 12:11:39 PM »
Thanks, Cannonmn. Have you ever considered putting "The Mother of All Model Cannon Slide Shows" together? No full sized guns, just those artilley models that you in your own judgement, consider to be especially interesting. 
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »
Have you ever considered putting "The Mother of All Model Cannon Slide Shows" together?

Had not considered that, but I'll put it on the TTD list, won't get around to it for quite a while, but some day...