Author Topic: Harvester Muzzleloading Bullets  (Read 989 times)

Offline walmpus

• Trade Count: (0)
Harvester Muzzleloading Bullets
« on: November 01, 2009, 03:35:08 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Scorpion Gold PT. If so, how were your results? I am using the 300 grain version with 100 grains of blackhorn and I am getting good results out to 100 yards. Combined with the rib crusher sabot I like the ease of loading but this will be the first year I have tried hunting with them and I am looking for input from anyone who has tried them on game. I am after whitetails here in Ohio.

So far they are a good company to deal with....just looking for someone who has already been down this road with this bullet.

Thanks for the help.

WCB

Offline DennyRoark

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
    • The Ohio Outdoorsman
Re: Harvester Muzzleloading Bullets
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:43:22 AM »
Best bullet I ever shot out of my Omega,  can't help you with the Sidekick, tho...Mama wn't shoot anything but Cheap Shots!  Should shoot well, start with 80-90 grains and work up to spreading out.  The do expand at 80 grains at 100 yds!
Denny Roark
Member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)
The Second Amendment...the one that makes all the others possible
I have no problems with vegetarians...I eat them regularly-Ted Nugent
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline walmpus

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 04:30:48 PM »
DennyRoark,

Thanks for the input. No shame in cheap shots........they are good bullets :) I dont think $22 for 50 high performance bullets is too bad, its just the shipping that is spendy. I will post if I have any results.......hopefully!

Offline ftw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 03:27:07 PM »
I have never used that particular bullet. In my huntsman I have always used the Harvester 240 gr Scorpion bullets. They were extremely accurate, load easily and I had great results on several deer I shot.

I also like them because I can get them from midsouth 30 for $11.00 which lets me shoot them up at the range for plenty of practice.

I have no doubt that 300 gr Gold PT will not do a great job on deer. I hope to get up to Ohio for the ML season again this year.

Good luck!
Inside of every Old Man is a Kid saying "What the Heck Happened"

Frank