Author Topic: Taurus Millennium Mod.PT 140 .40 caliber  (Read 793 times)

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Taurus Millennium Mod.PT 140 .40 caliber
« on: September 22, 2003, 03:35:37 PM »
What do you think of the Taurus Millennium Mod.PT 140 .40 caliber? I am going to get it in about a month.

Here is a decription and picture: http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?ItemNum=4966942

Any input from people who have expirience with it or have shot it would be strongly appretiated.

Thanks, Jason.
HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline ghostZ

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 03:32:32 AM »
I don't know about the .40 but I have the PT111(same gun in 9mm) and the only complaint I have is the trigger pull and feeding.  The trigger is long and hard!  It take a bit of getting used to.  For target shooting it bugs me a little but I think if the time came and the blood was really pumping there wouldn't be a problem.  As far as feeding when one is in the tube and I manually eject it, it sometimes jams.  I don't know if this is the ammo I am using or not...the same ammo shoots thru it just fine and not a single jam.
I bought the gun for my roommate to have under her bed.  It fits her hand perfectly and she is a pretty darn good shot with it.

Enjoy the new gun.

Offline broken arrow

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 06:38:47 AM »
A couple months ago I was in the market for a small revolver or auto for a backup gun. I picked up a milennium and gave it a going over. I found the trigger to be unacceptable.The pull was way too long. I ended up with a Taurus titanium .38 spl. It's great. I didn't have a preference between auto and revolver though. If you like autos, check out a glock 27 in .40, the new Springfield armory XD-11 sub compact and the new Smith and Wesson model 99 sub compact. I think all of these have the Milennium beat hands down and even compare favorably with price. They all felt much better. (in my hands anyway). Best of luck. :D
"Cowards die many times before their death, The valiant never taste of death but once."

Offline texaseyes

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 04:21:33 PM »
I have not owned or shot a Taurus so I am only mouthing something I read on one of these forums.
A guy who was a gunsmith and had an active shop said he had a lot of experience with the various Taurus semi's. I simply compared this to my gunsmith who sold me my Ruger P944 and didn't know how to field strip it. He said he had very little experience with the Ruger.
Bottom line: The gunsmith has plenty of experience fixing one gun to no experience with another gun tells me which gun needs more attention and repair.
Just a thought.
My aim is to hit what I am shooting at!

Offline pasquot

Taurus Melenium
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 07:48:49 AM »
I have the pt140. I like everything about it except the trigger pull. Very rough. It's kind of like going to 20 stages to go bang.

I bought it new for $330.00. I tried to sell it for $275.00 NO Deal.

I tried several dealers at a gun show.  They would take it off my hands for $150.00 like there doin me a favor.

On the plus side, i have shot probably 500 rounds, mostly reloads, different velosities, etc. No malfuntions of any kind

Be advised, full house factory loads, like gold dot would twist my rist to the right from recoil not up and down like a 45acp.  Hard to shoot 2nd shot for defense.

I carry it concealed. But i would not buy another one because of the trigger. Other than that i like it.

Offline EON

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 12:17:28 PM »
I have a PT 111. I concur with the complaints of many others that the trigger action is long and stiff.  The benefits of this might be less chance of accidental discharge, much like a conceled hammer double action revolver.  My wife has carried a PT 111 because she feels more comforatlce with the long trigger pull than the shorter pull on any of my Glocks or S&W 99's.

Other that the trigger, I have have great performance out of the little Taurus.  Mine has never had any feed or ejection problems.  Easy to clean, tolerates a fair amount of gunk, which can be good for a carry gun (not that I recommend carrying  a gunked up handgun, but sometimes things happen).