Author Topic: A "Card" of Thanks  (Read 466 times)

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
A "Card" of Thanks
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:31:59 AM »
I don't remember who said it first or even when I started following the advice but who ever, you've made my life a whole lot easier!!   

1. Using a hardwood dowel to stir the pot, when the alloy is hot enough, the wood will char-pure carbon! Much less smoke and what smoke there is isn't all the unplesant either, I enjoy wood smoke!  I don't remove the ash till I refill the pot either, that nice layer of ash across the top almost completly stops the oxidation and ends the need for constant fluxing and stiring.

2. A small piece of "ChoreBoy" copper scrubbing pad wrapped around an old bore brush makes short work of removing any lead that may be in a bore.

So Whoever you are or even if you think it could have been you... Thank You.

BF
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline steg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Re: A "Card" of Thanks
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »
It wasn't me, but I also would like to extend my thanks to that poster, just one more thing that I learned here that I would never have stumbled on on my own, that's what's so great about this forum, people post what may seem to them as being something trivial, but it opens up so many new possibilities that it's almost mindboggling. ya gotta love this place and all the posters.............steg

Offline mdi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Re: A "Card" of Thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:13:07 AM »
Wasn't me either. But, thanks for passing that info on! (I've been using paint stirers for my wood stiring tool)