Author Topic: does your average hunter need a 10 12 14 or 16 power scope  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: does your average hunter need a 10 12 14 or 16 power scope
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 11:44:59 AM »
 ;) mechanic, makes good sense, and good use of ones equipment...

Offline beadlescomb

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 12:25:59 PM »
while i have taken longer shots my main goal is to get as close as possible to the game i am hunting for the most ethical shot possible sure i know if i sit on a  powerline or food plot i could shoot at deer with my 7mag at 400 yards and i practice farther than that but it just feels like shooting and not hunting to me i would rather stalk close on the ground and take a close shot and know for a fact that the bullet is going where it should even if my rest isnt that steady or i have to shoot off hand  and yeah we could all get away with a 30-30 our ancestors did it for a long time and with alot smaller caliber than that but whats the fun in that and im sorry but i dont take head shots its messy and there is too much margin for error a couple inches low and you blow the jaw bone off and the deer starves to death seen it before same thing with a neck shot if its in the throat and the bullet just blows through they just suffer

Offline john keyes

• A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
i really like the little bushnell banner dusk to dawn scopes they are clear and make a good scope for the price range its 70 to 80 dollars and i have one on my muzzleloader and another on a single shot 308

I just ordered me another one today, I love that circle x reticle. 
Though taken from established manufacturers' sources and presumed to be safe please do not use any load that I have posted. Please reference Hogdon, Lyman, Speer and others as a source of data for your own use.

Offline beadlescomb

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 02:42:16 PM »
thats one of my favorite things about the scope and its really clear