Author Topic: Savage Striker?  (Read 2346 times)

Offline PETE/NY

• Trade Count: (1)
Savage Striker?
« on: December 13, 2002, 06:51:54 AM »
I am considering buying one of the Savage Strikers in 308 caliber and have a couple questions. What type of rings and bases has anyone used on theirs? Has anyone put a sling swivel set on theirs and who makes a kit and how and where do the studs attach? Thanks in advance. Pete/NY

Offline southern utah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.jsi-guns-hunting-firearms.com
Sling mounts
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 05:17:22 PM »
No problem. The studs depend if it is wood or composite stock. Wood you use the same screw type as a rifle, composite  you use machine screw with nut.  It is in their owners manual. See accessories @  
www.jsi-guns-hunting-firearms.com

You use the same swivel studs as a rifle with synthetic stock. Here is the information taken from a striker instruction owners manual. If you have any problems finding them locally let me know I I will help find some.

Savage Arms

100 Springdale Road

Westfield, Mass 01085

413-568-7001

STRIKER SWIVEL STUD INSTALLATION: Front -Drill 3/16 dia hole through center of boss under barrel from inside using center spot to start drill Install machine screw stud from outside and secure with hex locknut on inside REAR Option 1- Remove grip cap screw. Redrill with 11/64" drill and install 3/4" ( length ) wood screw type stud. Option 2 -Drill 11/64 hole on center line  3/16" behind rear of grip cap 1/2" deep. DO NOT DRILL DEEPER! Counterbore with 7/32 drill 1/8" deep. Install 1/2" ( length ) wood screw type swivel stud.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Striker slings
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 04:08:29 AM »
Hay Pete:  If you don't want to tap your stock for the front sling mount try contacting Brownells for one of their or an Uncle Mikes split barrel band sling swivel.  I've used them on a couple of lever actions and they look fine and work well.  Hope this helps.  Mikey.

Offline southern utah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • http://www.jsi-guns-hunting-firearms.com
barrel bands
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 06:10:56 AM »
not always but alot, the bands doesn,t stay put and will turn marking the barrel. I would only use if it was a " have to".  A band will also put the swivel against the front of the forearm.  You can also add a second stud in forearm for a bipod mount which would not work with a band.