Author Topic: Flashlight Mount...Suggestions?  (Read 420 times)

Offline XD9

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
Flashlight Mount...Suggestions?
« on: November 14, 2009, 12:59:09 PM »
Just bought a set of picatinny rings to hold a 1" tactical flashlight.  I thought the light I had was 1" so these would work but turns out my flashlight is slightly over 1" and won't fit in the rings.   >:(

Any suggestions on a decent 1" wide flashlight?  I'm just looking for something cheaper...doesn't have to have pressure switch or anything..as long as the switch is in the back so I can get to it.  Been searching eBay and other sights but no one has width dimensions on their lights and I don't want to buy another light that won't fit.

Suggestions?
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline thinwater

Re: Flashlight Mount...Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 07:14:30 PM »
They new Smith and Wesson combat lights are very nice. They use 2 lithium cells and fit a 1" mount. they gave my company a handfull as samples and I put one on my AR. It works very well and does not weight down the rifle. They also have a mount for it.

Your idea of using a tail cap  button vs the presure pad is a lot better for a battle/CQB rifle, no wires to hang up on stuf an break.

I have used standard scope mounts to mount 1" flash lights also.

Offline XD9

• Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 02:21:04 AM »
Happen to know a model number or anything for me to look up?  I'll see what I can find.  Thanks.
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »
Surefire G2.  Under $40.  Simple.  Light.  Strong.  Bright.  And it fits nice in a 1" ring.  'nuff said.