Author Topic: I took my son and daughter deer hunting today!  (Read 694 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
I took my son and daughter deer hunting today!
« on: November 26, 2009, 06:16:15 PM »
My son is 8 and my daughter is 12.   I took them deer hunting today.   

The first place we went we jumped a good size buck that was bedded down.   He had a really nice rack.   He would have been my biggest deer to date.   I didn't have a clear shot though :'( !   We were in really thick brush.   There were rubs and scrapes all over the place.   We're going to give it a few days and we're going back!

The second place we went to we didn't see any deer.   We did however see a bunch of rubs and scrapes and a lot of deer runs.

We had a blast.   My son, my father and I are pulling the engine and transmission out of my 78 Camaro tomorrow.   We'll head back down to where we saw the deer Saturday!

Hunting with my kids is a blast.   I absolutely love it.   It's time well spent! ;D     

"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
Re: I took my son and daughter deer hunting today!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 12:01:05 AM »
 Good for you and the kids. Ours always liked the nature walks. Good luck on the Buck.

Teaching him how to work on Chevies awlful early, then again As long as they are in buisness they will need mechanics. :P LOL

Lonny

Offline NYH1

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 05:38:56 AM »

Teaching him how to work on Chevies awlful early, then again As long as they are in buisness they will need mechanics. :P LOL

Lonny
LOL, this is a restore/rebuild project.   
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 07:48:41 PM »
Nice you can get out with them and show them some of the signs in the woods, take every opportunity.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline NYH1

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 06:27:43 AM »
I think the most important thing I showed them that day was to NOT take a shot unless it's a good clear safe shot.   That would have been the biggest buck I would have shot to date, they know that.   However, I never shoot unless I have a good clear safe shot.   I've always told them that...now they know!  ;D

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
 Good job!

As long as it is a restore, I guess that is ok ;)

LOnny