Author Topic: USH 20 gauge with BuckHammers  (Read 678 times)

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
USH 20 gauge with BuckHammers
« on: November 26, 2009, 03:49:02 AM »
I had ordered some Buckhammers from Cabela's and they came yesterday. My USH being sighted in with the old style Brenneke slugs I didn't expect two things, one that the Buckhammers would hit to the same point of impact and that the Buckhammers recoil would be noticably more. Where the Brennekes were sighted in 2 inches high at 50 the Buckhammers were dead on. I gave the old Weaver 6 clicks up to get just over an inch high at 50 yards. The first two shots were a bit wild, I think because the Buckhammers were cleaning out the fouling from the Brennekes.  In fact the Buckhammers seemed to really put a shine in my barrel. I only fired 7 of them, the last two overlapping each other. I ordered both the 3 inch and the 2 3/4 inch Buckhammers but used only the 2 3/4 inch loads as they were plenty accurate and where I hunt the extra 50fps won't make any difference.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: USH 20 gauge with BuckHammers
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 04:10:44 AM »
They sound good Rick, especially now since I cannot get any of the older (very accurate) European Brenneke slugs. I have wanted the try the Buckhammers but the cost has always stopped me. But, now that nobama is going to take care of us by spreading the wealth, and we will no longer have to work and the Government is going to supply all our needs, nobama, the anti-Christ himself, may send me a couple of boxes. Of course he has been very busy making up his mind about Afganistan, oh never mind he has not made any decisions yet. Perhaps he may delegate pelosi or biden, dirty harry ried or even press secretary robert gibbs to send them to me, they suppoort the Second Amendment and like the shooting sports don't they?....<><....:)

sorry for the rant guys, I am mad and I am a bit scared as well, this country is in real danger...:(
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 06:52:36 AM »
Well MSP Here is how I look at it. Yesterday was an easy day ( I must have survived ) today is a new day and tomorrow is the next bear I get to wrestle. The first three rules of life are 1. Watch where you put your feet 2. Don't F#<k anyting you won't eat (not talking about food here) 3. Always keep a running set of wheels.  Code of life No robbing, raping, thieving (includes lying) and unnecessary killing. What I am getting at is we may have the pleasure and honor of defending our country from our domestic enemies.  By the way the BuckHammers in 2 3/4 inch are on sale at Cabela's for $5.99 a five pack.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 08:25:54 AM »
Thanks Rick, and an honor it will be. Thanks for the heads up on Cabelas, I'll be in one on 12/3 enroute to my camp to cut some Christmas trees and will pick up some 2 3/4" Buckhammers. Of course my $10 off coupon expires on 12/2 but so it is....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline BMKindoll

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »
bmk