Author Topic: nra sports optics 3.5-10x50mm by brunton: quality & price?  (Read 624 times)

Offline safetysheriff

• Trade Count: (0)
nra sports optics 3.5-10x50mm by brunton: quality & price?
« on: November 25, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all.   

Has anyone onboard used a scope like the one in the 'subject'?   How is the quality?   What is the asking price?    Will it take a heavy-recoiling rifle with that big objective?     Where is it manufactured?    I'm really wanting to know....

Thanks for the help,

SS'
Yet a little while and the wicked man shall be no more.   Though you mark his place he will not be there.   Ps. 37.

Offline JW307

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: nra sports optics 3.5-10x50mm by brunton: quality & price?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »
The Brunton company is based in Riverton, Wyoming, but their NRA Sports Optics line was made in China (I think they're discontinued now).  I put a 3-9x40 with fast focus ocular ring and etched-glass ballistic reticle on a .270 Win. because I found a great close-out deal on them a couple of years ago. The optics are really not bad, they are water/fog/shock proof and have a lifetime warranty, so I think they are worth a try.  My wife has used this setup through two hunting seasons now with no problems whatsoever.  They are basically an entry level scope and if you can find one it should have a pretty good discount.  I think I only gave about $100 for the 3-9 on closeout.

Offline safetysheriff

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: nra sports optics 3.5-10x50mm by brunton: quality & price?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:21:01 PM »
thank you for the reply.    if it works well on your .270 then it's good enough for me.   

i got a very good deal on one; but haven't used it yet.    i admit that i don't care to buy 'chinese' however.    i'd rather buy from a 'friendly' !     

thanks, again,

ss'   
Yet a little while and the wicked man shall be no more.   Though you mark his place he will not be there.   Ps. 37.