Author Topic: I need a bullet mold for a 33 Winchester  (Read 470 times)

Offline shotgunner

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
I need a bullet mold for a 33 Winchester
« on: October 19, 2003, 02:17:32 AM »
I have an 86 Winchester in 33. I need a bullet mold. RCBS and Lyman made molds for a .338 - 200 grain flat point. I can still fing Hornady jacketed bullets, shot a deer with one last year, but would like to cast them. Can anyone help? Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Hunter/ Trapper/Fisherman
Owner, Skyline Skeet & Trap
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Dutch4122

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2003, 08:46:18 AM »
Check Midway-USA's website.  They have a RCBS .338 200 grn FNGC in stock.  The midway stock number is 181010 and the price is $88.39.  They currently have two of these moulds in stock.

If memory serves, this mould is listed with RCBS' special order moulds and can be ordered from Huntington's if no longer in stock at Midway.

Hope this helps, :D
-Matt

Offline shotgunner

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Thanks Matt
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 11:45:30 PM »
I ordered the mold for Midway yesterday. I had checked Midway a couple of months ago and they did not have this mold. It was a little expencive but I was happy to find one. I will try to shoot a deer with one of these bullets this fall. Thanks for the info, Shotgunner
NSSA member
past PSSA Vice President
Life member NRA
Father of 3
Hunter/ Trapper/Fisherman
Owner, Skyline Skeet & Trap
Gun nut
"Game butchery is as objectionable as any other form of wanton cruelty or barbarity; but to protest against all hunting is a sign of softness of head not soundness of heart"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Dutch4122

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 01:01:16 PM »
Glad I could help.  Let us know how that bullet shoots.  Sounds like you've got a fun project getting that .33 Winchester running with cast bullets.
-Matt