Author Topic: fiocchi primers  (Read 301 times)

Offline zoner

• Trade Count: (53)
fiocchi primers
« on: December 13, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »
i've noticed these primers showing up at a few vendors but have never used them myself. Anybody got any experience with fiocchi primers?

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: fiocchi primers
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:36:39 AM »
Nope but they are a major ammo manufacturer in Europe and I'm sure they use them in all their ammo. I have shot their ammo to some extent and it seems fine so I'm sure their primers are fine as well. Until the primer supply situation improves I'd use what I could find but buy in large enough quantities to work up loads with them and then have plenty to continue with those loads.

For shotguns and handguns I've not seen much difference primer wise but in my more accurate centerfire rifles I prefer to stick with a primer once I have a load developed. I won't buy in less than one thousand lots and prefer to buy several thousand at a time of any given primer type. My last two buys have been 5000 at a time.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Catfish

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: fiocchi primers
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »
I have used their shotgun primers and they worked fine, but once I found out they were made in France I quit useing them just because I don`t like where France stands on most things and would reather support and america company.