Author Topic: Nosler 6th manual?  (Read 364 times)

Offline Blucollar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Nosler 6th manual?
« on: December 21, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »
Just wanting some feedback on this manual.

I seem to be leaning towards Nosler components more & more and thought about picking one up.
I already have several reloading manuals (about four) but most don't list a variety of the Nosler stuff.

I haven't even looked at the Nosler manual so any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Blu
EXCEPT a man be BORN AGAIN, he CANNOT see the kingdon of GOD.  John 3:3 kjv

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
Re: Nosler 6th manual?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 04:33:16 PM »
I have one and highly recommend it.  You can use it with bullets of similar weight and construction from other manufacturers and, unlike some manuals, lists the powder that gave best accuracy with each bullet weight.

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:50:15 PM »
well here's their on-line data, the book is layed out the same as this page for load data per powder,per bullet weight.
The book will list anywhere from 6-10 powders, where as, the web link only lists three per bullet.
 If you can find what you need here it's free, and if there is a specific powder you want to try you can always ask here if it's in the book for that bullet

http://nosler.com/index.php?p=15&b=7mm&s=245

The red bars are suposed to be for easy look for velocity,,it makes a differance when there is 10 powders listed.
They do list several types of their bullets on one page by weight, the Accubond and Ballistic tip of one weight is listed with the same load data, the real heavy Partions are listed seperate.

If you have spare cash and need another book,, well??
found elsewhere

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 12:18:10 AM »
I like to recommend new re loaders get the LYMAN MANUEL. Then as they discover favorite loads, go buy the manuals put out by those manufacturers.

I also like my Nosler manuals, I don't shoot so many of there bullets anymore, but the Partition are always a go to bullet for premium high performance loads. The Ballistic tips are usually responsible for most of my best accuracy loads and work most excellently on varmints!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline roper

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 01:36:46 AM »
My two favorite manuals are Nolser/Hodgdon.  Nolser comes out about every 5yrs Hodgdon every year and I shoot alot of IMR/Hodgdon powders so with some of their newer powders you get updated loading data every year.

Offline Autorim

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 01:56:11 AM »
My favorite manuals are Nosler and Sierra. Their bullets are also top notch.