Author Topic: dress clothes  (Read 579 times)

Offline smokeeater3302

• Trade Count: (0)
dress clothes
« on: January 28, 2010, 01:12:48 PM »
I was wanting to know what guns some of you were carrying while wearing dress clothes .
I have a job that 6 days out of the week I have to be in slacks and a fitted button down. It is a must that
no one knows that I carry . But thats why they call it concealed carry right . Currently use a j frame smith
but have noticed that sometimes the out line can be seen in dark colored slacks .
Just wondering what if any info you guys could pass along
I would like to thank my grand father
for a man that couldnt read or write he
taught me so much and forgot more than I
will ever know

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Re: dress clothes
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 02:11:05 AM »
If you feel the gun prints while pocketed in your dress slacks then get a Uncle Mike's Pocket holster - it is a ballistic nylon (flexible) holster that fits the pocket and breaks up a outline.  There are others but they are usually leather, which is not as soft or flexible.  HTH.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 02:41:58 AM »
A money clip or credit card holder works well.
I usually wore a suit and with a suit the hiding places are un-numberable.
Can you wear a leather jacket?
What about a loose fitting, ouside the pants dress shirt or sweater.
Blessings 
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline shot1

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 03:44:26 AM »
For situations like yours I got a Kel-tec 380 and made a leather pocket holster. You can by them ready made but I made mine. I added a little something to the design. I made the holster that would hold the pistol then I sewed a piece of leather along the square bottom of the holster on the side that would face outward while in my pocket. This piece of leather is just a bit larger than the outline of the holster and it is rectangle in shape. It is only sown along the bottom of the holster so you can be able to slip your hand between this piece of leather and the pistol and holster itself. The only print that shows looks like a wallet in the front pocket. When wearing jeans you can put an extra magazine in the little watch pocket. When wearing dress slacks you keep an extra magazine in the same pocket with my pistol at the bottom of the pocket between the holster and the inside of the pocket. I have done this for a few years and carry this way every day even if I carry a larger concealed weapon like my Glock 17. I have never ever had anyone anyplace ever mention anything about me carrying a pistol. I think we are more paranoid about someone knowing we carry a gun than people are recognizing that we do carry. Most people are too self centered  to recognize if someone is carrying a gun or not. Than God that I live in a state that I could carry openly legally with my permit if I wanted to. I don't because surprise is your best tool in a bad situation. 

Offline smokeeater3302

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 06:05:12 AM »
Thanks for the info guys ,
I can wear a leather jacket but in the summer it isnt practical .No loose fitting or untucked either  I will take a look at reworking some of the
allready great designs that are out there .
I would like to thank my grand father
for a man that couldnt read or write he
taught me so much and forgot more than I
will ever know

Offline Preacherman

• Trade Count: (31)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »
I have a j frame that i carry I have a Kolster IWB holster it hides very well extremely comfortable.Its the same as a Crossbreed half the price.
Preacherman
Acts10:13