Author Topic: Found kind,I think....  (Read 403 times)

Offline bigchast1

• Trade Count: (0)
Found kind,I think....
« on: December 20, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »
Ok guys. I have my RRA stripped lower. I have decided after extensive reading and pricing to go 7.62x39 route.
Now for a quality question. Do you guys know anything bout these?

http://akpartskits.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_16&products_id=287
got a good price and looks good too. Only thing is is the front sight on thes removeable?
Will probly put a red dot or somthing similar on the top. Thanks in advance,
Chast

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Found kind,I think....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 02:02:48 AM »
looks like a fixed front sight. Ill give you a bit of advice. I just got a bushmaster in 762x39. I read all over the internet about feeding problmes with this round in an ar. Mine right from the git go wouldnt feed well. I sent it back to bushmater and now it runs great. My point? If i was going to buy a 762x39 i would highly suggest you buck up and buy it from busmaster or olympic arms. At least there you will be insured good warantee service. the unit your looking at looks everybit as good as my bushy but what happens if you get it and have problems. I wouldnt bat an eyelash at gettting a .223 upper from them but i would think twice about the 762x39
blue lives matter

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Found kind,I think....
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:27:49 AM »
+1 to what Lloyd wrote.  I am reluctant to buy from a company I know nothing about.  You might get a great kit, but you just never know.