Author Topic: No Components?  (Read 727 times)

Offline pmang

• Trade Count: (0)
No Components?
« on: December 14, 2009, 12:47:42 PM »
Why are there no components (powders, bullets and primers) availible out there? I am looking for the real reason. Is because of hoarding? War?

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
Re: No Components?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »
Hoarding!  &  The guy in the White House..   
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html

Offline possum6

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 01:24:06 PM »
I hear the gun show's have anything you need. So hourding ???
I believe everything that happen's, or will happen,was created, or created in the future, GOD knew and created from the very beginning of the foundation of the universe.       Dale

Offline necchi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »
Hoarding and/because fear of the librel gov in power now.

Just read an article in a local outdoor sports rag from a trusted gent, I'd name him but the papers at work. Component makers are running 24/7 and beginng to get caught up, prices are high because of raw material and price goeging at the retail level.
 I was buying bullets the other day,,2 guys where there, one was looking for WLR primers, they had cci and fed but he wanted win. his buddy said "dont' worry I have 10,000",,I asked "do you need that many?,,,No, But I got'm!"  cheesh ???
found elsewhere

Offline kbush

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 03:14:37 PM »
When you see rifle bullets (not ammo) at $50-60 per hundred you know they are sticking it to ya.  They did have a good selection though  ::)

Offline Darrell Davis

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »
The shops in this area are stocking powder, and the .22s are starting to come back on the shelves, so the problem is easing.

Just had an "E" flyer come in from Natchez today, and they have a powder sale going on with powders at about before abomination prices.

Keep em coming!

CDOC
300 Winmag

Offline pmang

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 06:02:45 PM »
I saw the ad for the powder. Very nice prices. I would take advanage of it but the darn HAZMAT shipping cost keep me from doing it.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 11:55:56 PM »
I saw the ad for the powder. Very nice prices. I would take advanage of it but the darn HAZMAT shipping cost keep me from doing it.

I don't consider my self hoarding, but when I read the writing on the wall at the end of the summer. I figured I better stock up... "just in case". I bought powder, bullets and primers. But I didn't buy 10,000 primers or bullets either. At least not of all one size.  ::) ;D  I'm SO GLAD I DID!!
 Hazmat isn't so bad if you get a large order or combine an order with a couple friends or other people say from the gun club or range. As its a per package cost. If your paying it and buying a pound or two, than yes, you have more dollars than sense.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Darrell Davis

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 05:33:03 AM »
Ol'cwlongshot is correct.

Back over a year ago, and before the obamanation, a group of us got together and made a good order to Natchez.

When I totaled up the order for the other fellows, I had maxed out the weight and still wanted a jug of RL22.

Oh well, figured I would just need to eat the extra changes myself and be happy I had the $$$$$$ to do so.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  when the order came, it was all in one box, with labels plastered on it - something about "combined" packaging or shipping or???.

Anyway, they did real good by us and by using this combined thingy shipped more then the regulation 50 lbs in one container and ALL under one haz mat fee.

They also shipped primers AND powder all in one container.

Not sure they can do this every time, but they sure did us good!

Keep em coming!

CDOC
300 Winmag

Offline res45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 07:37:33 AM »
I've been blessed through all this shortage powder and bullets have been readily available at the 4 shops I most frequent,primers at one time for a few months we nonexistent  but I had a small stash of 2k for everything I shoot I keep on hand. The primers are starting to come back now but still slow but what one store doesn't have the others usually do so I've been able to keep my 2k stock replenished fairly easy.  

One thing I can say about all these little mom and pop shops is they have treated all of us reloader in the area very fair and done there best to keep us all supplied,most powders have continued to stay in the upper teens and low 20's and primer have run no more than $30 per K I've only paid $29 per K for my LR/SP and SPM primers as of last week.

Natchez is a good Co. to do business with so is Powder Valley they also combine powder and primer also and don't gouge there customers.  Group buys are a good way to go to split the Hazmat and shipping whenever possible.
Linux Mint Mate 15

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 08:16:46 AM »
A lot of little shops got cleared out of components they sat on for decades. They will take years to restock. Vs Cabelas with CCI SR primers on sale for $26 and Natchez with Lil Gun on sale for $17. Bullets still seem to go out of stock quickly. Expect that to calm down soon enough.