Author Topic: Blueprints for Ruger Blackhawk  (Read 1045 times)

Offline a_kayaker

• Trade Count: (0)
Blueprints for Ruger Blackhawk
« on: March 05, 2003, 05:19:45 AM »
I was thinking of putting together a Blackhawk and wanted to see if anyone knew where to find blueprints on the web.

I haven't settled on the specifics at this point, just circling the wagons.

Thx!

Offline Flint

blackhawk
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 09:33:21 AM »
Not sure where you're going, but I'm sure blueprints are not available.  If you want to hand make a Ruger Blackhawk from scratch, it would be a formidable task, and trusting the strength and safety of the result is questionable.  If you want a "kit", you can buy most all the parts except the receiver frame from Brownells.  A store-bought gun would be much cheaper, in any case.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline jhm

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 12:15:15 PM »
Only a guess but I would try looking in the pat. office area it would seem that a blueprint would be necessary as to recieve a pat. on something, just a thought good luck in your venture, but if you copy anything that has got a pat. on it be prepared to PAY :D   JIM

Offline gregdemars

blueprints for blackhawk
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 08:09:01 AM »
Most manufacturers consider prints as propriatary information to prevent people from copying their products which could bring a plethora of lawsuits when someone tries to copy their products and the gun blows-up in their face. The prints contain specifics on hardness, tolerances, materials to properly manufacture that product. Any insider at Ruger caught handing out prints would most likely be out of a job soon not to mention , opening himself up to possible prosecution+

Offline kciH

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 06:02:36 AM »
You might want to check into the Federal Firearms Laws before you become a manufacturer of firearms, unless you're already liscensed as such.