Author Topic: need 1" reticle "island"  (Read 370 times)

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
need 1" reticle "island"
« on: January 14, 2010, 04:45:24 AM »
I'm not sure what else to call it but the raised portion of the scope where the reticle and windage/elevation knobs are.  I am in need of one that is no more than 1.1" in length (front to rear) or shorter.  I have a mount that is 1/2 of the ring set and that's all the room there is.  I'm looking for something in the 4 to 6x fixed or 1 to 4x lower power by 4 to 9-10 highest power.  Need a 1" tube and in the $300 or less price range.  This is for a Savage 840 30-30.  I would LIKE to use this mount.  I know there are other mounts that could work easier but would like to use the original if I can find an appropriate scope.

Thanks

BF
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
Re: need 1" reticle "island"
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »
If I understand what you are saying, this measurement would be how close the rings would be to each other if you slammed both of them up against this thing. Not sure what to call it either, but my new Swift model 653M scope (fixed 4x40) has one that is a hair shorter than 1-1/32". You might look at their website and see if they use the same controls on all of their scopes. Let me know if you want the other measurements off of it.  I think it should be called the "Billy and them" part of the scope.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
Re: need 1" reticle "island"
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 08:45:44 AM »
Thanks, you've got it correct.  I found a used Bushnell today that would fill the bill so I know that they do exist.  Not famaliar with Swift scopes but I'd like to find a bit better scope than the Bushnell I found today.  I thank you for your time to check and reply.

BF
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt