Author Topic: Who made  (Read 636 times)

Offline pittbull46

• Trade Count: (4)
Who made
« on: January 07, 2010, 08:47:34 AM »
Can anybody identify this 44 C&P revolver? The only markings are aBD in a box, a PN with a symbol on top, there is an A with a V under it and a few other markings all in front of the trigger guard.On the barrel it has S.M. black powder only cal. 44 made in Italy and the same letters and symbols as the trigger and a D96423 on the handle. Here is a pic

Offline Rebel-1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Who made
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »
Is there an "A" with the SM under the barrel? If so, or maybe even without the A it would be Armi San Marco. I guess they did actually make a few revolvers that functioned right. Hopefully you got one of them. ;D

Offline Fingers McGee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • Central Ozarks Western Shooters
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:48:10 PM »
Armi San Marco, made in 1994.  Armi San Marco marked their guns with:

A.S., A.S.M., S.M., Marco, San Marco, Armi San Marco and a superimpose ASM in a circle.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee
Man of many Colt's and alter ego of Diabolical Ken
SASS Regulator 28654-L-TG, Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire
Pistoleer/Frontiersman, Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers; Moniteau Creek River Raiders, The Ozark's Posse, Butterfield Trail Cowboys
NRA Endowment Life: NMLRA, GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-115; STORM 327, LASOOS 144, SBSS735

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be."  Ambrose Bierce

Offline pittbull46

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 03:34:38 PM »
It has a plain S.M. does anybody know where I can get a manual for the 1858 or a copy? thanks for the help I hope to try it out as soon as I find out how to load it this is my first cap&ball

Offline Rebel-1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »
Load 20-30 grs of 3f black powder or Triple7, or Pyrodex P, the either a lubed felt Wonder Wad, or some kind of filler, (ie Cream of Wheat) then seat a .454 rd ball on top making sure it is down on the powder. Now cap the nipples with a #10 or #11 cap, whichever fits best, and fire. To clean, see the sticky at the top of this form about disassembling the Remington revolvers. There is also a sticky about how to use them.
Here is the link to dismantling them
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,120311.0.html
and how to use them
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,3932.0.html

Offline pittbull46

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 03:21:46 AM »
Thanks for the info will be trying it out

Offline bedbugbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 07:42:12 AM »
pittbull - nice looking revolver!  As Rebel said . . . ASM made some good ones and they made some junk as well . . . your's looks nice!  I think it all revolves around (no pun intended) who put it together.  I picked up a "61 Colt Navy made by ASM in 1988 that was still "new in the box".  It's a terrific gun!  Workmanship is top notch, finish is beautiful - no machining marks and perfect bluing.  The grips are beautiful wood and all the parts look like they grew together - the fit couldn't be any better.   Action is tight, timing perfect - it's a fantastic gun and I'm tickled pink with it.  Haven't shot it yet but if it shoots half as nice as it looks, it will probably become one of my favorites in a hurry.  Good luck and enjoy yours - it looks like a keeper!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single one on my right hip is good enough for me.  Besides, I'm probably only half as good as he was anyway . . . . now . . . how do I load this confounded contraption?

Hiram's Rangers - Badge #63