Author Topic: Other H&R forums ?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline SouthernComfort

• Trade Count: (2)
Other H&R forums ?
« on: January 16, 2010, 07:08:38 AM »
Please list all the groups and or forums for the NEF/H&R .....

Thanks.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Other H&R forums ?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
Graybeards, the best....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline jim ritchie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:06:56 PM »
This is the only other H&R specific sight I know about,

http://www.marlin-collectors.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

I tried to get more people to start using it, but never had much luck. Still no action going on over there.
Graybeard is slow too, but at least there are a few guys here.
Rimfire Central has some H&R posts.
Firearms forums, has alot of H&R posts.
That's about all I know of.

Deceased 3-31-2012

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 04:54:13 PM »
Graybeard is slow too, but at least there are a few guys here.

What in the world are you talking about? The NEF/H&R section here at GBO has more activity daily than a lot of entire sites do weekly? The majority of NEF/H&R posting on the entire internet goes on right here.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jim ritchie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »
Graybeard,
Believe me, I'm not trying to put this site down! There is for sure more action here than anywhere else, I have run into.
 I am just saying that it is slow compared to how many H&R owners there are out there.
A company with well over a 100 year history. should be able to support a very busy forum, and I just haven't found it. I love to talk, and learn about H&R's.
I just wish I could get others like me more interested.
There are times that I have seen no new posts on this site for a couple days at a time.
I just can't believe there are no more people interested.
I always steer people here, and to the other sites I mentioned earlier, trying to get the members up.
The more we get to join, and share, the more we can all learn about my favorite firearms!
Deceased 3-31-2012

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »
There are times that I have seen no new posts on this site for a couple days at a time.
I just can't believe there are no more people interested.
I always steer people here, and to the other sites I mentioned earlier, trying to get the members up.
The more we get to join, and share, the more we can all learn about my favorite firearms!

Again I have to ask what the heck are you talking about? Clearly you are not looking on the same site I am. There has not been a single day since Marlin shut down the NEF and Marlin Forums on their site that there have been no posts to the NEF/H&R section on this site. In fact of the eight forums that form the basis for the section I dare say there are precious few days per year that each and everyone of them doesn't get multiple posts.

The NEF/H&R Centerfire rifle forum is the single most busy forum on this site which seems between 2 and 3 million page views per month. To be the most used forum on a site the size of this one means one hell of a lot of posts are being made.

Fellow I don't know what you've been smoking but you need to ease up on the use of that stuff before it rots your brain.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 07:37:34 PM »
Jim,

There are several H&R forums here, you're right about this forum, but it's just for H&R misc, collectibles and handguns which are no longer made, take a look at the other H&R forums Graybeard is referring to, there are four H&R firearm specific forums, plus 3 classifieds. The Centerfire forum alone has 163,123 Posts and 16,637 Topics, check out the GBO forum stats too.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php#12

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php?action=stats

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jim ritchie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 09:02:43 PM »
Graybeard,
Sorry, my rotten brain did not allow enough thought process to  specify the handguns forum as being slow, not the site in general.
As to your comment that there are precious few days that each and every forum does not have multiple posts. You should scroll down this one. There are many days with no posts. A couple times I saw 10 days in a row with no new posts, on the first 2 pages alone.
Yes, I admit, I was only looking at this forum, not the whole H&R site.
Please forgive the fact that sometimes when you have a rotten brain, you tend to think that everyone realizes you are talking about the forum you are posting on, not the other  H&R  forums on this site.
Please excuse my rotten brain, as I excuse your rotten attitude.
Since you are the administrator, one would think you would be civil.
Guess I was wrong, you leave that up to Tim.  Who does a nice job, at least he didn't try and make me feel like an idiot.

Tim,
Thanks for clearing up my confusion as to what I had done to bring on the ridicule of your administrator!
I appreciate the fact someone understands how my rotten brain works, and realized I was only talking about the collectible, and handgun forum.
Thanks again. posts such as yours, keeps me, and others coming back.
While posts such as those from Graybeard tend to chase people off.
Deceased 3-31-2012

Offline bobg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 03:14:41 AM »
   When i was the moderator of Hunting in New York. Graybeard called me stupid
. for something i had done.  >:(.   After getting over my pissed off mood about it i reread his reason why he said it. He was right. It was very stupid. Could be because Bill and i are the same age (old) I appreciate the fact that he says what is on his mind.
     bobg

Offline jim ritchie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2010, 03:56:44 AM »
bobg,
Yes, what I did was stupid too.
I should have never mentioned any other forums in my post.
I am sure that got me started on the wrong foot.
My intent was to pass on some information to another reader.
There just aren't many places that fans of the H&R handguns can go, so, I am always looking for more info. Which is what brought me here recently.
I understand saying what is on your mind, but a little tact could be used, even when it is your forum.

Graybeard, I really do like this forum. I hope you don't throw me off, for speaking my mind.
Jim
Deceased 3-31-2012

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
I believe I was until your post #4 at which time I became frustrated with you. This thread while posted to a rather odd choice of forum for the question asked didn't in any way mention collectibles or handguns but merely forums about NEF/H&Rs. Since NEF never made the handguns there is no reason to assume it was about handguns.

Nothing in your posts indicated handguns or collectible guns and the link you gave to Marlin Owner's was to all NEF/H&R guns. So why would I assume you were directing your comments to this particular admitted somewhat esoteric forum? I repeatedly called attention to the other forums then you say that NEF/H&R activity here is very slow when it is anything but slow. Had you at any time said this specific forum I'd have agreed. Personally I question the real need for this one but there are some H&R oddballs that fit here better than anywhere else so it has been allowed to remain tho rather moribund.

And yes when you see me get that way it's a sure bet the next post made determines whether the member remains or becomes banned. Without the very last sentence in your last reply trust me you'd be banned rat now.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Old Fart

• Intergalactic Moderator
  • Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2010, 01:31:57 PM »
jim ritchie
I think when you apply what you've said it's easy to see where Greybeard is coming from.

NEF/H&R Talk
NEF/H&R Centerfire Rifles Sponsored by Talley Rings
NEF/H&R Prairie Dog Shoot Planning
NEF/H&R Rimfire Rifles
NEF/H&R Shotguns
Huntsman and Sidekick Muzzle Loaders
Misc H&R talk, Collectibles, Handguns etc
NEF/H&R Classifieds
Want to Buy NEF/H&R
Want to Trade NEF/H&R
Marlin Lever Action Centerfire Rifles
Round The 'Ole Pot-Bellied Stove

This is the total of the NEF/H&R forum and when you watch it everyday you see lots and lots of post here.
Granted as Bill said this little subforum doesn't see a lot of post when compared to the others in NEF/H&R.
But the section as a whole is extremely active.
If this section was much busier Greybeard probably would put a real moderator in charge of it. ;D

OF
"All my life I've had a bad case of the Fred's. Fredrick Vanderbilt taste on a Fred Sanford budget." CR
Lifetime/Endowment/Patron NRA Member.
Second Amendment Foundation, www.saf.org - Life Member

Offline jim ritchie

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
Yes,
i see where Graybeard is coming from.
I also see that my not specifying this handguns forum as being slow, but the whole SITE being slow was my mistake, and I am sorry for that.
Believe me, I never mean to start problems.
I guess I just got ticked off, and instead of rereading Graybeard's post to understand what he was saying, I became upset.
I will refrain from doing so in the future.

Graybeard, I appreciate not getting tossed. I know it is your forum, and you make the rules.
Jim
Deceased 3-31-2012

Offline 277284

• Avid Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 05:19:09 PM »
This is the Biggest by way way far, if still interested in a tiny more there's Gunandgame and a bit more on Marlinowners, you can delete this.

Offline bjgolfnut

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »

:o  ::)  :-[ Chill Out
Live Long and Prosper,  BRUCE
NRA Life Member

Offline Hunter6657

• Trade Count: (62)
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 09:15:53 AM »
marlinowners.com/forums has some H&R forums, Graybeard's is the best by far.
God created man, Col. Colt made him equal.