Author Topic: universal depriming die + wash= clean dies  (Read 768 times)

Offline 3006softpoint

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Avid Poster
universal depriming die + wash= clean dies
« on: January 14, 2010, 03:49:41 AM »
I don't know how anyone can be without a universal depriming die! When I come home from the range I get out my lee hand press and deprime all my spent cases, i use a Lee universal decapping die wow very slick depriming tool! Them I wash all my brass in vinegar & lemon juice & a splash of water! With the primers out the wash cleans the primer pockets 50% after I rinse them a Q tip will clean the pocket ready for resizing & reloading! None of my resizing dies have the depriming pin in them! I have a tumbler but am not totally sold on tumbling!The inside  case carbon and primer pocket carbon still needs to be picked out at times after tumbling! Washing really cleans the inside of cases out! Yes there is dry time but I always have 100s dry and waiting for resizing anyway! I shoot at a real sandy outdoor range! Grit is always present! Grit & carbon in a resizing die is not an option! Ive picked up a few dies at gun shows and they were full of powder & grit they get sat back down at any cost!