Author Topic: 1st hunt with new tamer 20  (Read 660 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
1st hunt with new tamer 20
« on: January 16, 2010, 07:29:39 AM »
Today I caught up with Froghunter and his beagles for a rabbit hunt. We walked a nice little bottom with a stream running through it. We got 2 rabbits, one I shot with the new gun, a tTamer 20 with red lam straight stocks.It was a great walk and its always great watching beagles work. I loved carrying and shooting the new gun, even though I missed on a second rabbit. I definitely plan on catching up with him for a few more hunts in the near future. Thanks for a great hunt Froghunter.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Re: 1st hunt with new tamer 20
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:18:42 AM »
What ?   You missed one?  You better send that shotgun to me for further testing and evaluation. I will return it in about 10 yrs or so. Seriously,  that sounds like you had a great day afield .I'm jealous. Enjoy that new 20. They are realy great guns.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »
Sadly ,I'm very out of practice. I hope to get a little more hunting in this year than I have in the last few years. My son and I are gonna have that rabbit for lunch tomorrow.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline shaner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (66)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 01:53:33 AM »
sounds fun  miss or no misses , any day in the field is a better day then work hahahaha

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 03:13:21 AM »
Yes, I had an enjoy hunt yesterday with Markus. We hunted a little branch on my cousin’s land. This is the first time I was able to hunt it and the group (Four hunters and two dogs and a half) saw three and harvested two. I don’t get a shot and that’s okay, my cousin scored one with his old Browning 16 ga. A5 and Markus harvested one with his Sweet new Tamer. It was a gorgeous day to be afield and enjoyable company.

Markus is on to something with his Shorty! What I liked about it was the laminated stock, they add the right amount of heft and weight to the gun to balance it. I like wood stocks and have the adult size walnut on my Shorty. Markus has I believe a youth laminated straight grip with sling swivel and it’s a great package. It’s probably four/six inches shorter then mine. In planning my tree stand slug gun, I will be looking hard a investing in a set of laminated youth pistol grip stocks.

Markus enjoyed the hunt and we will do it again soon!

Froghunter
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »
It's an adult length straight stock. It feels like carrying a nice stick or something.