Author Topic: Ohaus powder measure  (Read 810 times)

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Ohaus powder measure
« on: January 17, 2010, 01:09:04 AM »
Along with the Texan 8 station turret I saw, there was an Ohaus measure which was extremely well made with very nice adjustment hardware. Anyone use one of these? The thing was well cared for and for the price, it looks like a good deal. I just need to get some first hand experience on it before laying down the cash.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline PA-Joe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Ohaus powder measure
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 01:15:58 AM »
They are great scales. Many who have tried electronic scales have gone back to the simple Ohaus beam scales. Do get a set of check weights though.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 01:24:07 AM »
They are great scales. Many who have tried electronic scales have gone back to the simple Ohaus beam scales. Do get a set of check weights though.

Really? After I bought a dillon electronic scale, my RCBS beam scale never sat on the loading bench again. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:32:06 AM »
Guys guys, i'm not asking about the scale. I have the Lyman M5 made by Ohaus, I'm asking about the powder measure. ::)
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline roper

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »
I don't think Ohaus made the Du-O-Measure same way stuck some their name on Ohaus scales.  I'd seen on one site about shooter busted hopper on one and E-Mail Ohaus they didn't have any parts they quit making them mid 80's.  I seen on another site you found price on that press anyway maybe Texan made that powder measure as the Texan had a large hopper also.