Author Topic: Barska 2.5x10x56 (30 mm tube)  (Read 843 times)

Offline deersniper

• Trade Count: (0)
Barska 2.5x10x56 (30 mm tube)
« on: January 01, 2010, 05:26:09 AM »
Took a gamble on a low priced scope that I found on ebay, a 2.5x10x56 Barska with 30mm tube, came with rings, paid $79.95 for it with free shipping. Have had it about 3 weeks but just mounted it on a 7600 Remington in 30-06 caliber yesterday. Really impressed with it, got it sighted in yesterday and everybody that has seen it wants one for that price, would by another one if I see one for that price again. Maybe it will hold up and give good service. I have a Kahles 3x12x56 on a Ruger 30-06 and I'm here to tell you that this Barska scope rates right up there with the Kahles in good looks, clearity, and so forth. Time will tell though, I'll keep ya'll posted if it fails me.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Barska 2.5x10x56 (30 mm tube)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 05:49:10 AM »
I put one of their 6 x24's on a 223 Handi rifle 4 years ago , was not sure how it would hold up but was the best I could afford at the time .

It has been replaced with another scope on that rifle now but does duty as a dial-in scope on all my new rifles , the glass was not as clear as some I have had , yet it holds up like a tank , best $70 I have spent in some years .

It even outlasted my Beta Master Chronograph .  >:(

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline deersniper

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 05:18:18 AM »
Anybody else using a Barska scope on their hunting rifles? I took this one hunting yesterday afternoon and was more than satisfied with it after sunset, did not get down from stand till 6:00 pm and could still see clearly up the old sandy logging road I was watching, moonlight was a big factor in sitting that late though.

Offline Huffmanite

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 04:00:03 PM »
deersniper,  I have a Barska scope and its been on a 257R rifle over 3 years.  I don't hunt,  just do target shooting at a local range.  The scope does well for me.  No complaints from me.   Just received another Barska scope a few days ago that I had ordered.  Wanted a different scope on one of my 6.5 Swede sporter rifles that I regularly shoot at the range.  I came across a very good buy on one of the Barska tactical scopes that was hard to ignore.  Half the price of any other internet rifle scope seller I checked that sold the same Barska model.  Mounted it today and took it outside to view at objects about 120 yards away.  Nice clear glass in it. 

Offline Varmintnut260

• Trade Count: (12)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 01:08:43 PM »
I bought a Barska ridgeline 4-14-42 ir for a sps-varmint a few yrs ago. I told myself Id get a better one.....but that plan fell through. I am surprised with the reactions I get with this scope. Usually I'll hear the comment "You must have saved money on that one", but they shut up when they look through it. It's not the best but it'll do for now.

Offline deersniper

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
The Barska held up well in the rain today here in south Alabama, took a doe using it this evening. Very pleased with it so far, it really picks up light extremely well after sunset. The performance of this scope so far is impressive.