Author Topic: any one heard of a recall?????  (Read 608 times)

Offline teddybaham

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
any one heard of a recall?????
« on: January 18, 2010, 02:12:14 PM »
my brothers and wife chipped in to get me my 45-70 handi for CHRISTmas, we all went out to eat last night and he said that there was a remington recall on the handis to fix the transfer bar system. any one else heard this, ill ask him of his source
what part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand???

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: any one heard of a recall?????
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
Sounds bogus to me, it's not on their website, the t-bar has been in use since the mid 80's, if it fails, the gun won't fire, not exactly a safety issue to warrant a recall. They've had defective t-bars, but they're dealt with on an individual basis.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline teddybaham

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:26:03 PM »
ok well i called my bro. theres a gun smith hes freinds with who said "he tried to make an order to sell in his store, rem said they were reworking the design to fix the transfer bar problem if you dont pull the trigger back all the way. they were gona put it in the new ones and recall the old ones" now that being said, ive met this "gunsmith" and hes about as reliable as a crochet condom. thanks tim i too looked on the site with out even a hint of mention of a recall. but if they do as hey stated i will stand corrected hahahha
what part of "shall not be infringed" dont you understand???

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 05:41:09 PM »
It's always possible they're working on redesigning the t-bar itself, it's been a poorly designed part for a long time, it's pretty fragile and breaks too often, but a recall would be ridiculous since it's not a safety issue. I'd be highly suspect of that info coming from Madison tho, they're infamous for giving out BS answers to questions asked by customers.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain